Technical Fuel and vacuum line diagram help

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel and vacuum line diagram help

trulyh8ful01

I have a 1973 fiat 850 sport spider and I am having a hard time figuring out where the lines go on the carb and intake can anyone either take a picture of their motor and draw a diagram or point me in the right direction somehow?
Motor is the 903cc
Weber carb 30DICA 1
Fuel pump has two hose barbs( think I have them figured out)
On the carb where I am assuming the fuel inlet is there is also a barb coming out the other side
Two vacuum ports I assume on the intake one bigger one facing the water pump, and a smaller one facing the rear motor mount.
On the side of the car under where my coolant tank is supposed to be (still have to find one) there is what I can imagine is a evap canister no clue where those line hook up and the rear of that is a little round electric thing with hoses running front and rear of car. Please help I inherited this project and everything was taken apart before I got it

Attachments

• IMG_0590.jpeg
    IMG_0590.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0579.jpeg
    IMG_0579.jpeg
    961.8 KB · Views: 9
I have a 1973 fiat 850 sport spider and I am having a hard time figuring out where the lines go on the carb and intake can anyone either take a picture of their motor and draw a diagram or point me in the right direction somehow?
Motor is the 903cc
Weber carb 30DICA 1
Fuel pump has two hose barbs( think I have them figured out)
On the carb where I am assuming the fuel inlet is there is also a barb coming out the other side
Two vacuum ports I assume on the intake one bigger one facing the water pump, and a smaller one facing the rear motor mount.
On the side of the car under where my coolant tank is supposed to be (still have to find one) there is what I can imagine is a evap canister no clue where those line hook up and the rear of that is a little round electric thing with hoses running front and rear of car. Please help I inherited this project and everything was taken apart before I got it
Hi - there is a good description of how to route the hoses in "Fiat and Abarth" tricks by Greg Schmidt - highly recommend getting a copy of that if you plan on keeping/driving the car. You can also go to the "xwebforum" site - that focuses on X1/9s, but there is a rear-engine fiat tab there and a lot of people with 850 experience. There is also a down-loadable 850 parts catalogue there. Finally, a Fiat shop manual (or minimally a Haynes or Chilton's) would really be helpful to you. The second barb on the carb that you circled goes back to the gas tank (there is another barb that it connects to in the oval cutout on the firewall above and slightly to the left of the valve cover). The barb that extends from the plunger valve (which is actuated by the cam on the carb throttle shaft; this is the middle barb that you circled) connects to the small barb on the underside of the air cleaner. The top barb that you circled connects to the top of the evaporative canister near the coolant recovery tank. The bottom barb that you circled connects to the electrovalve valve next to the evaporative canister. Best, Loren

Hi - there is a good description of how to route the hoses in "Fiat and Abarth" tricks by Greg Schmidt - highly recommend getting a copy of that if you plan on keeping/driving the car. You can also go to the "xwebforum" site - that focuses on X1/9s, but there is a rear-engine fiat tab there and a lot of people with 850 experience. There is also a down-loadable 850 parts catalogue there. Finally, a Fiat shop manual (or minimally a Haynes or Chilton's) would really be helpful to you. The second barb on the carb that you circled goes back to the gas tank (there is another barb that it connects to in the oval cutout on the firewall above and slightly to the left of the valve cover). The barb that extends from the plunger valve (which is actuated by the cam on the carb throttle shaft; this is the middle barb that you circled) connects to the small barb on the underside of the air cleaner. The top barb that you circled connects to the top of the evaporative canister near the coolant recovery tank. The bottom barb that you circled connects to the electrovalve valve next to the evaporative canister. Best, Loren
Thanks for that!! One other question what does the electrovalve do?

Thanks for that!! One other question what does the electrovalve do?
If I am remembering correctly, the electrovalve is energized (opened) when the transmission is in 3rd or 4th and the clutch is released (ie when driving along in 3rd or 4th). The back barb of the electovalve connects back to an idle kick-down diaphragm on left front side of the carb.

If I am remembering correctly, the electrovalve is energized (opened) when the transmission is in 3rd or 4th and the clutch is released (ie when driving along in 3rd or 4th). The back barb of the electovalve connects back to an idle kick-down diaphragm on left front side of the carb.
This link describes the same system on a 124 carb; they explain it better that I could :)

Back