Technical FRONT SUSPENSION REPLACEMENT

Currently reading:
Technical FRONT SUSPENSION REPLACEMENT

BATTO

Hi all, broken front spring on 2008 BRAVO 1.6 multijet (105 BHP).
98,000 miles so I thought it would benefit from new struts. I ordered from AutoDoc (after watching their brilliant Ytube videos) new Bilsteins, Front Springs,
and Dust Cover Kit. All arrived in brilliant condition
BUT...and here is the tip for anyone doing the same. The springs delivered were rear springs not front springs, and here is the thing. When you are ordering
the Bilsteins the AutoDoc site says "You may need these" and shows the springs, so I ordered them because they only showed one set, unfortunately their site
is wrong and doesn't show the front springs although they have them in stock. I let them know and they were v sorry and may have altered it now. I needed them quick
so had to pay a lot more ae Euro. I kept the rears as the MOT said advisory that one of the rears was rusty, so I'll do next spring.
Hope that helps. The actual suspension change was straightforward, using the brilliant AD videos.

The bravo is a breeze to work on in home conditions (no air tools, no car lift, no heat torch...) compared to an old 156 i had. The front springs had to be compressed very tight, they are conoid shaped, and doing this with chinese spring compressors is a big adrenaline rush, as one of them let go and the spring went flying for atleast 10 meters.

Hiya bsks, yes it was good working on the Bravo struts. I too used a Chinese spring compressor, mine was a hydraulic one, that came with a safety chain
that I used! To be fair although the springs on the Bravo are also large diameter and tapered at both ends, but the nice easy action of the hydraulic compressor gave really good, safe, simple working. Cost me £125 on EB, I am going to put it back on as virtually new, and hopefully get around £80-£100.

Back