Front speakers for punto mk2b

Currently reading:
Front speakers for punto mk2b

eldadelo

Good evening everyone,

Need some help choosing some front speakers

I live in a country that doesn't have a wide choise of speakers like in the UK... no custom speakers available here

the average component's tweeter will not fit where the factory tweeter is, right?
can I buy a component set and connect woofer to factory tweeter? (though they are quite bad aren't they?)

thanks(y)

the average component's tweeter will not fit where the factory tweeter is, right?
can I buy a component set and connect woofer to factory tweeter? (though they are quite bad aren't they?)

you can make a tweeter fit but it would be a custom job.

I connected some infinity's up to the factory tweeter, they will do the job, just dont expect superior sound quality

Hi gaz, so if I go to a professional installer he shouldn't have a problem making it fit?

An audio installer would have a problem.

You would need someone to fabricate the grill the tweeter fits too. Standard tweeter is only small and hasnt got much depth.

You could always fit the tweeter somewhere else

I have a mk2a but dont think there should be much difference inthe door, you are limited for depth, think its about 55mm including magnet, as it fouls the window mechanism. I currently have pioneer custom fits, but previously had JBL 2 ways (cant remember model no, it was 3 years ago,maybe GTO 627???? but it was the 2 way 6.5inch) which sounded very good. Standard fiat speakers are terrible, main thing to check is mounting depth, I also had a pair of pioneer 3 way 17cm speakers, they wouldnt fit in the door, as they hit the window mechanism,due to their depth. Hope this helps, John

I have a mk2a but dont think there should be much difference inthe door, you are limited for depth, think its about 55mm including magnet, as it fouls the window mechanism. I currently have pioneer custom fits, but previously had JBL 2 ways (cant remember model no, it was 3 years ago,maybe GTO 627???? but it was the 2 way 6.5inch) which sounded very good. Standard fiat speakers are terrible, main thing to check is mounting depth, I also had a pair of pioneer 3 way 17cm speakers, they wouldnt fit in the door, as they hit the window mechanism,due to their depth. Hope this helps, John

Very helpful :D , good to know the depth... fiat are so - not stereo friendly. I think I will buy a 2 way too. hate having that tweeter up there just for show though...

paulbfd, are you satesfied with your morel speakers? never knew these Israeli speakers were sold anywhere else but the country I come from... I have never listened to morel stuff but heard they do the job well

paulbfd, are you satesfied with your morel speakers?

Yes :) (I just use the 6.5" mid bass driver from Morel - my tweeters are from Altec Lansing).

The Elates actually have quite a small mounting depth too - 61mm for the 6.5" driver.

If Morel are the only speakers you can get hold of, then you have nothing to worry about!

Back