Front and rear Speakers Mk 2 Punto

Currently reading:
Front and rear Speakers Mk 2 Punto

sunny2539

hey, Just got my sub and amp fitted.. Sounds gooooood, The sub seems to be overriding the speakers though. when i play the music loud, i want loud bass, but i cant hear any of the voice through the normal speakers. Any 1 know what kind of speakers i need, and whats the best way to get them connected. Thanks. :slayer:

Attachments

• DSC00304.JPG
    DSC00304.JPG
    531.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Need a bit more info on your setup first :) Do you have uprated speakers?

chaos said:
Need a bit more info on your setup first :) Do you have uprated speakers?

got no idea.. im using the original speakers that came with the car.

I would get a set of components up front and amp them :) I believe you may have to get a door build done, but I'm sure the Punto guys will say what you can do in terms of size (y) I'm pretty sure you can get 16.5 cm in fairly easily. You can then set it all up to how you want it to sound :) How much cash have you got to spend?

Looking to spend about £50-60 on the speakers them selves. the size is 16.5 cm for front. The original punto sub is stil connected. When you say amp for the front speakers. Will i need another 1 of those big amp, or are there special smaller ones?

Ok.. either way. im not sure my normal door speakers on the front can handle loud music, and will be able 2 be heard over the bass..

sunny2539 said:
Looking to spend about £50-60 on the speakers them selves. the size is 16.5 cm for front. The original punto sub is stil connected. When you say amp for the front speakers. Will i need another 1 of those big amp, or are there special smaller ones?

How much would you be willing to spend on an amp (including wiring)?

o crap.. another amp..umm. about 100. Are these amps your talking about the same that power subwooofers. cos the amp i currently got has some slots avaliable

sunny2539 said:
o crap.. another amp..umm. about 100. Are these amps your talking about the same that power subwooofers. cos the amp i currently got has some slots avaliable

What amp do you have ATM?
You can get a stand alone amp for your components easily for 100 quid :D

wolfracepunto said:
If you're not too keen on getting another amp to power some components, im sure you'll find the headunit will do an alright job ;) ....What headunit do you have?

It might be OK.................but nowhere near as good as a stand alone amp :p

Just upgrade your front speakers ( standard speakers are crap at volume )and drive them off the HU. If you want to save a bit of money.

Steve

Back