Friendship request

Currently reading:
Friendship request

Now here's something I've not had before and I'm not sure what to do with it. I've had a "friendship request". I've not had one of these before. Can anyone explain what would happen if I accept this. The person asking is not someone I "know". In fact I would say I don't "know" anyone on the forum, although there are people with whom I have very interesting conversations and whose opinions I lay great store by but I don't meet with them, I don't go to the pub with them or attend race meetings etc or have personal contact with which is how I would start to define a "friendship"?

I'm confused, what are the advantages to me or the person if I accept? anyone help?

Now here's something I've not had before and I'm not sure what to do with it. I've had a "friendship request". I've not had one of these before. Can anyone explain what would happen if I accept this. The person asking is not someone I "know". In fact I would say I don't "know" anyone on the forum, although there are people with whom I have very interesting conversations and whose opinions I lay great store by but I don't meet with them, I don't go to the pub with them or attend race meetings etc or have personal contact with which is how I would start to define a "friendship"?

I'm confused, what are the advantages to me or the person if I accept? anyone help?

Hi Jock

Its a 'social media' thing

I dont use Facebook or anything..

So didnt understand it :eek:

I accepted about 30.. people I have conversed with on here..

But didnt send a request back.. :)

As I didnt know thats how it worked.. :eek:

Choice is yours.. but it doesnt do much on the FIAT forum

I believe on Social Media.. you can 'follow friends'

On here you just read what you see as interesting

Now..

Anybody want to see what my goldfish had for lunch.. ? :p

Last edited:
Well that explains a lot Charlie - thank you. I don't do social media at all, don't even have a smart 'phone. I think I'll just stick with communicating on the forum as I have for the last several years. Please don't take any offence kind person who was inviting me to register "friendship" but I think I'll just stick with the old codgers whose workshops I can drop in on and have a quiet cup of tea whilst putting the world to rights and bemoaning the rise of electronic gizmos!

Back