Friday again

Currently reading:
Friday again

Stuart

Prominent member
Whats the banter this weekend folks?

Im finishing up the polo exhaust today, and turning my L200 towbar upside down for more ground clearance.

Tomorrow im measuring up a garden to build raised flower beds.

And sunday me and the boy are away off roading with a 4x4 response charity i have joined up with.

Wood. Going to use boards similar in size to what would be used for decking, maybe 5 or 6 high

Working Saturday then the pipe band championships are in helensburgh Sunday ����

Stuart said:
Wood. Going to use boards similar in size to what would be used for decking, maybe 5 or 6 high

If you don't already have wood (fnar, fnar) take a look at the sleepers at GPH. The ones I have for my raised beds are brilliant

Ckem247 said:
Working Saturday then the pipe band championships are in helensburgh Sunday ����

Is that a good or bad thing?

Harper said:
If you don't already have wood (fnar, fnar) take a look at the sleepers at GPH. The ones I have for my raised beds are brilliant

Is that a good or bad thing?

Always good for a drink and plus it's like one of the two things that ever happen here

Ckem247 said:
Always good for a drink and plus it's like one of the two things that ever happen here

That sounds exactly like Ellon except with us it used to be the raft race. Sadly a thing of the past now as it was just one poor sod doing all the work organising it and he naturally got fed up with it. Was fun for many years though.

The raft race is apparently getting started up again but moving it slightly up water a bit, i heard anyway...

Stuart said:
The raft race is apparently getting started up again but moving it slightly up water a bit, i heard anyway...

Various groups have been talking about this for years but always give in when they realise how difficult it's going to be now that health and safety is far stricter. Methlick managed to have a raft race a few years back but don't think they repeated the event.

It would be awesome if it happened though...FS raft anyone?

All the fun of bashing your thumbs with hammers whilst making the raft and then there's the race itself. Getting soaking wet and freezing cold plus mouthfuls of filthy river water when you fall in. The prize is hypothermia kicking in even if your raft does stay afloat and make it to the finish line.

Have I sold it to you all yet?

It is actually a lot of fun. I was a member of the local canoe club and we used to provide support for the race which was always a laugh. Only once did I take part as a competitor. Our raft was a total disaster that capsized during trials on a completely calm pond in good weather :laugh: Seem to remember we spent most of the race swimming and pushing it downstream.

Ah, good times lol

Back