Formula E 2014

Currently reading:
Formula E 2014

MadMan0

Mk1 Punto Owner - 51 Mpg
First race was today in Beijing! Anyone see it?
Last lap last corner. WTF?!
Looked intentional to me, hands down. Should get a ban from racing!
(At least everyone's ok!)

Poor show in my opinion. Good idea having electric racing at this level, should help develop batteries.

3rd place stripped because of a failed drive though penalty?

Interesting start to Formula E, reminds me if E-karting last year with the Uni.

Last edited:
I watched it, looked slow and the stupid music didn't make up for the lack of noise from the cars. Last corner was the highlight of the show for me. I don't think I'll be rushing to see it again, except perhaps for the last one which is in London apparently.

In saying all that I'm not a big F1 fan either, WRC and BTCC are more my thing.

Just finished watching it on ITV player, very nice racing right up to that last corner, looked intentional to me.

Regarding the music, I quite like the idea, most of us play racing games and they all have a soundtrack so why not provide it in an enviroment where the engine noise is non-existent. I'll be watching the rest of the series and hoping that viewership is high as - as much as people might want to deny it - electric is the future of motorsport.

It'll take a while to "bed in", I reckon. Hate the gimmicks- music, fan boost etc- but I'm an old traditionalist (aka grump ol' git!). It looks slow, 'cos it is- 160kph max! It's a bit of a joke to have to use TWO cars to do ONE HOUR, or 87.5 miles, of racing--- battery technology needs to go a long way yet.

As for the last corner- Nico prost needs a one-race ban at least- intentional, and dangerous- good job Nick Heidfeld's illustrious career wasn't ended by this madness...............

I'm confused....they had about 40% power left at half distance (although I watched the edited highlights so might jave missed something), 90% of the field came in at half distance. Why wouldn't you just nail it at full power for a few laps after half distance till the battery is done then have a car with full battery and fewer laps to do when you change over?

First race was today in Beijing! Anyone see it?
Last lap last corner. WTF?!
Looked intentional to me, hands down. Should get a ban from racing!
(At least everyone's ok!)

Poor show in my opinion. Good idea having electric racing at this level, should help develop batteries.

3rd place stripped because of a failed drive though penalty?

Interesting start to Formula E, reminds me if E-karting last year with the Uni.
I agree. That was horrendous driving from young Prost and he deserves much more than the 10 place grid penalty he has been given.
If the idea is to promote electric cars, then having to have 2 cars each so that you can change over half way through doesn't exactly send a good message does it?

Back