General florino 1.7td help!

Currently reading:
General florino 1.7td help!

SiVXR

(y)hi people need abit of help not for me as such but one of my disabled cleints. he has a fiat florino 1.7TD 1998 converted to take a wheel chair in the back. he has been having problems with it not starting for the last week now it wont start at all when he turns the key it turns over but wont fire up? he has been looking for the heater plugs but cant find them on it :bang: so could someone if possible please point me in the right direction so i can pass it on to him and also any suggestions are more than welcome. o and it does start if he bump starts it?
cheers si

either glow plugs or low compression. i would do a compresion test to gauge the condition of the engine. if the glow plug light on the dash is indicating a fault then replace the glow plugs, i dont know where they are on the 1.7 sie i've never even seen this engine before sorry.

either glow plugs or low compression. i would do a compresion test to gauge the condition of the engine. if the glow plug light on the dash is indicating a fault then replace the glow plugs, i dont know where they are on the 1.7 sie i've never even seen this engine before sorry.

cheers mate i will see him again friday night he had bought a new battery to try but has no idea where the heater plugs are and i dont realy want to start messing with it ive changed some heater plugs on a 1.8td mondeo and that was a real :doh: of a job to do they dont like coming out in one peace so i suggested he take it to a garage if the battery didnt work i will tell him about the compression test although it drives fine once bump started :confused:

Back