Technical flashing coil and lit engine management

Currently reading:
Technical flashing coil and lit engine management

flood247

hello everyone am just registering here today. I've literally just purchased a 09 plate blue fiorino 1.3 sx and was wondering if I've been conned by seller. upon driving it for the first time the coil was flashing but went out after 40 yards or so ,but then the engine management came on. Any ideas would be appreciated so i could fix maybe i could come to an agreement with them .many many thanks for your time guys:confused::confused::confused::confused:

hello everyone am just registering here today. I've literally just purchased a 09 plate blue fiorino 1.3 sx and was wondering if I've been conned by seller. upon driving it for the first time the coil was flashing but went out after 40 yards or so ,but then the engine management came on. Any ideas would be appreciated so i could fix maybe i could come to an agreement with them .many many thanks for your time guys:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hi, and welcome, :)

the COIL light is normally for glow plug system (yellow coil?) indicates a fault in the glow system - often just a plug or poor connection..,
yes it flashes for @30 seconds after start- as a "warning":cool:

the MIL - you'll have to get the fault code read.., :eek:
could be something of nothing, :rolleyes:
other lights MAY extinguish after a number of "good" starts.., :confused:

give it a few short runs.. see how it goes, ;)

Charlie - Oxford

the COIL light is normally for glow plug system (yellow coil?) indicates a fault in the glow system - often just a plug or poor connection..,

Charlie - Oxford

From memory (failing with age :( ) my heater coil light comes on (solid) then goes out within 5-10 secs dependent on ambient temp but then it's out. I've never seen it flash... Just my wheels (though the Fiorino was the same)

R-V-M

From memory (failing with age :( ) my heater coil light comes on (solid) then goes out within 5-10 secs dependent on ambient temp but then it's out. I've never seen it flash... Just my wheels (though the Fiorino was the same)

R-V-M

YES - that's the normal - "fault free way", (y)

it'll flash for 30 seconds to warn of a fault;)
(wasn't sure if I'd put that well - obviously NOT):eek: :rolleyes:

Charlie

Charlie - Oxford

many thanks i guess your right as I'm getting same answers everywhere i go .

Back