General fitting rear speakers, help, mk2 2001

Currently reading:
General fitting rear speakers, help, mk2 2001

afternoon

I am goining to fit my pioneers (10cm) from my seicento in the rear of my mk2 punto, i have the speaker wire on the drivers side in the boot but can not seem to find a wire on the passenger side, just wondering if anyone would know here it is or even if it has been run in by fiat.

i might feed the passenger side with the driver side,

any help would be great and 10cm would fir, i have looked at a few threads but carnt find what i need to know!

cheers guys:slayer:

the wiring loom for the rear speakers comes down the passenger side of the car so if you have a drivers side speaker then at some point there would have been a passenger side.

try removing the boot carpet on that side and have a good scout about, might have been cut off at some point but there will be wiring left there somewhere.

saves running wires all over the car

the wire you found on one side is for the fiat sub. hence why it has a connector and there is only the one pair down one side. there are no wires run for rear speakers, and that means there are no pins for rears on the cars part of the ISO block behind the radio. for god sake do no spice off of the front speakers, it will work but youll have the same frequencies and volumes playing out of the fronts and backs when they are meant for two completely different things. the fadar wont work atall and the whole thing will sound awful.. you need to connect the rear speakers to the rear speaker wires that come out of the head unit and into pins in the radio's part of the ISO unit. you can splice these or create pins in the car side of the ISO to line up and connect, its up to you. is it the stock head unit you are using? if so these are pretty hard to get going with back speakers because they dont had a loose ISO loom to tap into. if its not a stock there should be a little diagram comes with the radio and tells you the colours and pin positions of things like front/rear speakers.. live switched power, and so on. upload a picture if not and ill try and help best i can. in terms of running the wires to the back, they are pretty easy to hide under the kick pannels down each side and then under the rear bench.

L.

best route under the dash.. well there isnt one! haha. mine both go up the drivers side, i got some stiff COAX cable, took the radio out and poked it down and right, through the radio slot until it came out in the drivers foot well... then just run both speaker wires to the back, pull them through under the dash by taping them to the COAX or similar you have in place and then pulling it back though and hiding the wires under the carpet of the foot well.

Back