Technical Fitting and induction kit help.

Currently reading:
Technical Fitting and induction kit help.

law000

What do you do with the small vacuum tube like piping that goes from the TB to the airbox, then again from the airbox to the hot air intake valve thing when fitting an induction kit?

TB to airbox (tiny vacuum pipe) blank it off with a screw. Warm air intake pipe, chuck it away, not needed.

Yeah the whole warm air side is going. Does this vacuum tube actually pose much purpose? Its obviously there for a reason, but last time I saw them like this was in a 1990 rover metro 6 years ago, which I blew up.

If you don't plug it the car will idle at 1500 - 2000 rpm because too much air is getting in.

Cheers

D

Prob what is happening now TBH. Car idles at ~1200 rpm. Will check checkedy check it before I wreck wreckedy wreck it!

Ok... this is a pic of the kit I have got:
!B14iND!EGk~$(KGrHqYOKj!E)Olf,jgOBMgRG!1+WQ~~_12.JPG

As you see there is some blue pipe, and a spur/inlet on the metal pipe. Also there is a small hole in the back of the 90 degree bend that goes on the TB.

What do I do with all this. I am to assume that the pipe and spur is for the oil breather. What about the little hole in the back, and what do I do with the part of the breather that goes into the back of the TB?

Back