fitted amp yest,by today car battery flat

Currently reading:
fitted amp yest,by today car battery flat

kevincox1987

fitted amp yest,red amp wire to red on battery,black amp wire to earth in the boot,blue wire to the stearo,my car batter has been perfect since got 5months ago never gone flat,to i fitted amp

1100 pionner amp
600watt amp wire's

how can i stop it from drainin battery.i have disconnected at the moment to i find prob.?????help plz be so greatful.

you wont to fit a power cap it acts as a second batery but get a good 1 dont go for a cheep 1 as it will stop workin after a wile

had the same prob with my brothers astra and a power cap solved it but like you said check its not still on when sterio if of could have bin the same ting but never thought to check that

hi ok thanks for the comments.power caps in case i go for that option where can i get from?any site?,and for the amp stayin on with stearo off,wat i do about that if it is that?check 2moz now as battery on charge and got go out and dont want battery draing on me why i am out so goin leave red wire off battery 2 2moz,wb

A power cap is useless in this situation, my guess is either the remote cable (blue) isn't connected properly so the amp is always on or the headunit isn't connected to switch off with the ignition, so is always sending a live signal down the remote cable.

When you switch off the ignition (with the amp wired up ofc) are there still lights on the amp?
Also, when you switch off ignition, are you still able to use your stereo?

I agree with Eklipze3k, most people fit aftermatket headunits to their Fiats by wiring the unit to be always on, this means the amp will get constant power on signal from your headunit...
If you own a Grande Punto you can look on my webpage for a simple guide to proper ACC signal.
It's www.mcfrede.dk look to the menu on the left...

The amp wont ever always be on because you can switch the head unit off using the power button. Not having it wired to the ignition just means that it go's into standby mode on power off.
It sounds like the OP has accidently wired the remote to a permanant live. The remote is the blue wire that doesnt actually go anywhere at one end.

alright lad's.proplem solved now had another check today,and my bad wuz the remote wire (blue)thanks for all the comment's with out your help i be lost,any1 no how i delete my starting up threads as well our cant i?

alright lad's.proplem solved now had another check today,and my bad wuz the remote wire (blue)thanks for all the comment's with out your help i be lost,any1 no how i delete my starting up threads as well our cant i?

why would you want to delete the thread anyway?
the point is for info to be available for all and give information/help to those searching as well as the OP

ok then thought might have to delete our somethin so people dont keep writing as the jobs done now.kl no worry

Back