Firefox vs Internet explorer vs google

Currently reading:
Firefox vs Internet explorer vs google

dont be silly, no one owns or even controls the internet, it is a network made up of millions of computers around the world.

i think he was joking.

thus making you look like a tard
duh2.gif

thing is, google makes most of their money from advertising. targetted advertising makes more money - whats the easiest way to track browsing habits - ahh i know, their own browser!

imo IE will easily remain the market leader for the foreseeable future, however i think google will shoot up to second place fairly quickly, stealing most of its users from IE.

the others will remain in their stagnant states suppored by the same old minority of wannabe geek followers who mainly turn away from IE only because it is MS. they do not understand the technology behind browsers, or the jargon used to describe it, so they will never understand why their choice is so wrong.

Either that or they do know about the net and they are so geeky that they like to use things like Firefox to view web pages in their raw format (whatever its called) that you cant do in IE. (I am led to believe) If Google have this abilty then they will get the share of the market of everybody who has built a website.

Either that or they do know about the net and they are so geeky that they like to use things like Firefox to view web pages in their raw format (whatever its called) that you cant do in IE. (I am led to believe)
you can do it in IE, simply select source from the view menu.

the funny thing is, developers who write code directly (we're a dying breed these days) dont view html source code in a browser, they use apps like programmers notepad. the only time you view it in a browser is when you want to see a hidden link URL or similar, or during final testing stages of website design when making small changes.

Last edited:
It's stated in the BBC link in the very first post of this thread.

1. For all Mozilla's success with Firefox, it still only has a 20% market share globally. I'll be fascinated to see if the Google cachet and brand reach will be able to drive Chrome's success any higher than Firefox.

Well put chrome on the PC and fired up IE on the same page.

IE using a bit more memory than chrome.. but what's this? Another process of chrome running? combined = more than IE. Open another tab in IE... small memory increase. Another tab on chrome... another process.

Not impressed, especially at about 10-20Mb per process.

Well put chrome on the PC and fired up IE on the same page.

IE using a bit more memory than chrome.. but what's this? Another process of chrome running? combined = more than IE. Open another tab in IE... small memory increase. Another tab on chrome... another process.

Not impressed, especially at about 10-20Mb per process.

lol it IS beta ;).

Well, I downloaded and installed it, was impressed with the clean look of it, however, wasn't so impressed with the rest and closed the application within a minute. :rolleyes:

Still FF for me. :)

Will give it a try when it's out of BETA stages I think...

Last edited:
yeah, i watched the browser wars one the other day. Changed my view of IE, i used to think people were unduly harsh to them about the whole browser wars thing - now i know a bit more, i don't!

I still do all my coding in notepad (nothing more is needed) including all the active code (thats things like javascript, asp and php). I debug it locally obviously but I don't like the way some applications add 'extra' code to pages. It's rare I ever look at someone elses source code though to be honest.

IRT Chrome: process per tab...? WTF?

Last edited:
Back