Firefox temporary internet folder

Currently reading:
Firefox temporary internet folder

Quick question here.

Does anyone known where Firefox stores its temporary internet files? Internet Explorer has its own designated folder that can be accessed via the IE Tools menu (or by manually opening via the Windows folder), but Firefox doesn't use this folder?

The reason I want to know is that I like to copy a lot of files such as .SWF and .FLV movies (as used by Youtube), and used to do that by going into the IE temporary internet files folder.

Anyone know where Firefox stores these files and which folder I need to look in?

Cheers!

On Windows XP/2000, the path is usually %AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\, where xxxxxxxx is a random string of 8 characters. Just browse to C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ and the rest should be obvious.

Just tried that, opened the Mozilla directories as you said but didn't find anything :confused:

IE uses the temporary internet files folder in Windows, but Firefox doesn't.

I did find another set of Firefox folders in Local Settings/ application data/ mozilla/ firefox/ profiles/ qdjlmn2r.default/ cache path, but it doesn't show file types like IE does?

I got used to using Firefox so don't want to have to go back to using IE!

okay, even easier...

type "about:cache" into the URL bar, then go "list Cache Entries" on the Disk Cache Device bit :D

thats without any of the " :p

Thanks Serin and Custard for the help (y)

I think I found the folder that Firefox uses. Only problem is that FFx doesn't store the files with logical names nor do they show the correct file extension. Therefore it is very hard to find the file that is being sought. With I.E. I just had to look for a recently accessed .SWF or .FLV, with FFx I haven't a clue :(

Are they not stored in a normal windows folder though?

Tried searching for these files via extensions ie. START>SEARCH/FIND>*.*FLV etc?

Liam

well heres a run through of how do it

youtubevideo.jpg

youtubevideonext.jpg

youtubevideonext2.jpg

youtubevideonext3.jpg

but on the list of all files (the first picture), if you press "Ctrl+F" you bring up a search box which will saerch that page for what ever you type. then you can find the file tags your looking for :D

Back