General fiorino engine info required

Currently reading:
General fiorino engine info required

stivh

Hi folks just taken ownership of a 1998 1700 diesel fiorino for work purposes. As the other half keeps raving about her Punto

Can any one let me know whether any other fiat models use the same engine as I need do some work on the top end which is knocking badly and oozing oil from a couple of gaskets.

Checked around the web and there is a suspicion that it may be the same as the Uno? Also any decent suppliers in the Uk for engines and parts generally?

Also are there any other owners out there as the model is not listed on this site so do I need to look elsewhere for info ---- any one know?

Any help much appreciated.............Cheeers.

Excellent is this a straight swap or are there engine mount brackets and electric wires or fuel lines to contend with...........?

Also would I get away with using a Haynes type manual for the engine work as all of the original bookwork (and there is lots of it) that came with the van is in Italian.

Many thanks for the quick reply

I've just bought a petrol fiorino, and it looks like a tipo engine bay, the tipo,uno and fiorino all use the same 1.7 diesel engine. The suspension is mostly 127...

Thanks for that aswell I am at present trying to source an uno engine I have found an L reg punto 1700 diese vanl at the scrappy and apart from some of the route of the rubber pipework and outer plastics that looks as if it is an identical match although the gearbox appears different.

Just hope they are an easy job to drop/lift out and exchange?

stivh said:
Hi folks just taken ownership of a 1998 1700 diesel fiorino for work purposes. As the other half keeps raving about her Punto

Can any one let me know whether any other fiat models use the same engine as I need do some work on the top end which is knocking badly and oozing oil from a couple of gaskets.

Checked around the web and there is a suspicion that it may be the same as the Uno? Also any decent suppliers in the Uk for engines and parts generally?

Also are there any other owners out there as the model is not listed on this site so do I need to look elsewhere for info ---- any one know?

Any help much appreciated.............Cheeers.
hi just wondering if you found anywhere that does part for fiorino as im lookin an alternator

Hi there guys,

Can't help the guy with the diesel van, but have a petrol van lying at the house with the 1300cc engine in it.

I also have some new exhaust back boxes and some new panels for them if any of you guys need them?.

Cheers Trevor.

as you found out the fiorino box is different.i have an uno one thats no good to me so if you change it all for the uno engine etc then is available.

Well folks after much searching I have found a 98 fiat punto 1.7 engine (diesel) that after swapping the engine mount from the fuel pump side to the alternator and with a few other items changed over is an almost an exact match from the cam cover, block to the sump and so therefore will do the job perfectly they also share many of the same features (timing and pully belts) as my fiorino is of the same vintage (nearly) I only have to slot the engine back in this next week.

So for those that are struggling for an engine check out those punto's - you may get lucky and when all is said and done it isn't that much work either.

Well folks after much searching I have found a 98 fiat punto 1.7 engine (diesel) that after swapping the engine mount from the fuel pump side to the alternator and with a few other items changed over is an almost an exact match from the cam cover, block to the sump and so therefore will do the job perfectly they also share many of the same features (timing and pully belts) as my fiorino is of the same vintage (nearly) I only have to slot the engine back in this next week.

So for those that are struggling for an engine check out those punto's - you may get lucky and when all is said and done it isn't that much work either.
Hi Stivh,
Have just joined this forum and read your posts about fitting a 1.7 Punto Diesel engine to a Fiorino. Did you come across any major problems when you slotted the new engine into the van? Is the van still running successfully?

If anyone wants a diesel engine and are in N london a local breakers has one. The van has gone but they still have the engine. condition unknown. I only know cos they took the starter from it for me. They are off seven sisters road.N17. Turn at the the car spares shop. They are behind Wickes.

Back