DSC00104.JPG

Punto (Mk1) Finally got my exhaust fitted, Mk1 punto 75

Introduction

Well finally i got my exhaust made and fitted. It only took me one night. I made the full system myself and its a stright through exhaust from the catalyst to the back=box which i bought cheap. I know it isnt a performance mod as i made the system myself but its all 42mm pipe which is what was already on, and its all smooth curves so its not restrictive and the power has niether decreased or increased (it just sounds nice.) I couldnt afford a smart exhaust from somewhere else and i couldnt find one thati liked ( as i wanted this style) anyway tell me what you think, comment in whatever way good or bad (y) Overall this exhaust cost me £18.50 to make :p (for the full system including tips and back-box
DSC00104.JPG

DSC00106.JPG

DSC00107.JPG

P.S. I chuffed with it :)

Jordan
Mine was cheaper than that :p It'd be interesting to see if you did actually get any performance gain/loss though Jordan :) I like the tailpipes, buit personally I'd probably gone for a single tailpipe over a double (but that's just me :D)

Thankyou all for your comments:)

Dave - it was a cheapo back-box off ebay, im at my girlfriends tonight but i will put picks up 2morrow night. the box has a poly outer skin and is stainless inside guaranteed for life. Like i said it wasnt built for performance but i imagine it is a little free-er flowing, so it would be interesting to see if it did anything to performance like you said chaos :p . So far i rate the exhaust very well, it sounds realy smart and because it has a heatproof skin you could strap it to back seat even, after giving the car a good thrashing today (1 our run on back-roads and was a nice warm day) when i stopped to check how hot it was, it was barely warm on the outside! But obviously it will have to stand the test of time

I had two matching chrome tips off other cars (they are identical) and so i used the backbox set a little way back under the car made a hanger across the two oulet pipes and it hangs off its original place, then i bent the pipes to fit the exhaust and situated the tailpipes where i wanted them. For me, seeing as its just a 1.2, this is my first car (that i have driven on the road constantly as im still 17) therefore i want looks. If i wanted more power id have to fork out more insurace and so until im older i will do without performance :p
Jordan

I wouldve put them a little further out but i was limited for the backbox. i could've easily made the right hand side further out but the left is where the backbox is situated. I will get better picks of the whole system when i am at home as that is where i have them.

Thanks Beau (y)

Looks kewl dude and for £18 you got yourself a bargain, I paid 4 times that just to have my old back box fitted lol

I like where the tail pipes exit, its kinda like the Clio 182 (y)

Coudlnt find a pic of the system off before i sprayed it, only a final test fit pic but you get the ide. The firstpic is of the backbox too. They would only look good like that on an older car like a spitfire or the like, otherwise tehy look absolute poo like that, and are basically only good for mounting further back with tips :) anyway here they are:

DSC000021.JPG

DSC001122.JPG

Jordan

Back