General Filling up issue

Currently reading:
General Filling up issue

Hey everyone. How are you?

Quick question: does anyone have any problem when filling a Punto 188? I do, constantly. I lightly push the nozzle and it still clicks off. I tried to turn it at an angle but won't make a difference.

It is unspeakably annoying. I put 30€ of petrol every week and it takes so long to do it. It even hurts my hand when doing it XD

I've seen that it's just a Punto thing. Is it true or is the filling tube clogged somehow?

If you could help me, it would be so nice.

Thx so much in advance. Stay safe guys.

Hey everyone. How are you?

Quick question: does anyone have any problem when filling a Punto 188? I do, constantly. I lightly push the nozzle and it still clicks off. I tried to turn it at an angle but won't make a difference.

It is unspeakably annoying. I put 30€ of petrol every week and it takes so long to do it. It even hurts my hand when doing it XD

I've seen that it's just a Punto thing. Is it true or is the filling tube clogged somehow?

If you could help me, it would be so nice.

Thx so much in advance. Stay safe guys.
Have you twisted the bowser 'gun' so the handle is towards the front of the car? You need to press against the filling flap and get the gun twisted as far as possible and it does work there most of the time for me.

Like you this problem was driving me crazy.

I changed the filling tube on my one at great effort and experimentation to find what the problem was. It seemed to have worked perfectly but as of today it can still be click click click till I find the position it works. The problem seems related to the air lock that forms at the bottom of the wheel arch and it is not possible to raise that bit of flexible tube without altering the car!

Have you twisted the bowser 'gun' so the handle is towards the front of the car? You need to press against the filling flap and get the gun twisted as far as possible and it does work there most of the time for me.

Like you this problem was driving me crazy.

I changed the filling tube on my one at great effort and experimentation to find what the problem was. It seemed to have worked perfectly but as of today it can still be click click click till I find the position it works. The problem seems related to the air lock that forms at the bottom of the wheel arch and it is not possible to raise that bit of flexible tube without altering the car!
So it basically is a drawback by default and unless you spend a lot of time modifying the tube itself, it's a matter of trial and error.

Next time I fill up I'll try the way you said it.

Thx a lot. 👍👍

Back