Fiat

Currently reading:
Fiat

ChrisLusty

Today i went to my local Fiat garage, Victoria Park Cardiff, where i had no intention of purchasing a car but wanted to look at, and maybe drive the new panda. when i walked into the garage there was only me and my girlfrend there, and not one sales assistant out of three came over and asked if we wanted any help, they just continued to talk and drink tea. This is not the first time this has happened to me in that garage. [V] No wonder fiat dont sell many cars! I no I said I wasnt going to buy a car, but they didnt no that!

I thought the panda was a very nice car though.

Chris

Went to a garage near to where i live nd asked to be shown a range rover disco, they opened the passenger door for me [:0]

At that point i decided to buy from somewhere else
[xx(]

Hit them were it hurts and buy from a fiat garage somewhere else :D

Sexy Black 3 door Punto With Wicked Yellow Interior.

when buying my fiat, i resorted to booking test drives via the phone as i was a scruffy student no one gave me the time of day either

- - Donz - -

I went to my FIAT garage last Tuesday, they had a look at my side repeaters as they are filling with water (again), they said as soon as the parts were in (usually 48 hours), they'd phone me to book it in, well I still haven't heard, back to the same old statement, "it's not the cars, it's the dealerships that are crap".

:(

FIAT Stilo 1.6 Sport. Pretty Much Bog Standard Really.
Sill Protectors, Aluminium Foot Pedals, Eibach 30mm Drop Springs,
Starsky & Hutch Stripes, Ambipur Air Freshener.

Come on TC - what do you expect when Ball-acher have turned it into a used car supermarket!!

1.6 Active 5 door in Crystal Green.

I also went to the toyota garage just up the road from fiat, as i looked at a car a sales assistant came over and asked if i needed any help straight away, and their garage was full of people.
When will Fiat learn as they make good cars, but the sales people have to be good too.

Fiat, sort it out!

Chris

Yep, when I bought my Stilo I went into a local dealer (Benfield Newcastle[}:)]), and it was empty, but I still had to ASK for help!

Being a bit of a scruffy student the guy looked me up and down and felt the need to point 'it isn't a cheap model'.

He said I'd need to 'come back some other time' for a test (He WASvery busy doing nowt!), and just generally had a '**** off and stop daydreaming' attitude.

Result, I bought off Jamjar instead and saved a wad of cash in the process:D

53 3d Stilo Dynamic JTD - Sprint Blue

I have to say that so far the dealer has been ace. I went in to look at the Panda, was asked if I needed help, then a salesman showed me round the car and told me that the following day was a launch day and booked me a test drive. He said I could try both the 1.1 and 1.2, I chose only 1.2! Then when I decided yes, they offered me more than any other dealer for my Micra (£300) more than previous best, 0% finance with only 10% deposit and I managed to scrounge some free mats; not much but hed gone well into his margin.

1987 126 FSM, 12" minilight style wheels, clear rear lights, smoked indicators.

nuovapanda, which dealer is this, and where is it.

If my local dealer had been more like this, I would have bought from them.

Nice to hear about the good ones. Don't forget to post your good experiences into the Garage section as well.:D

Dave. :)

Marea HLX 2.0 20v
<h6>FIATcentral window sticker, silver poppy coral, titanium tax disc.
:)Blue Momo Tomahawk Gear Knob :)
Blue gaiters, Blue sidelights, Blue interior lights, Blue lacquer on engine, feeling blue ;)
Ecotek fitted, removed and waiting for warm weather
So much to do, so little time.... and Totally Skint!! :(</h6>

Its Olympian Fiat, in Bournemouth. They are fairly new and very small at present! Dont know what service dept is like yet though! Once the Panda is delivered then Ill have an idea if they are good or not!

Ah, little far off for me!

So when you getting your Panda then? Bet you can't wait:D

Dave, which Fiat dealer do you use, being a Newcastle lad an all!

I've heard Gainmanor are ok? Went there to get the opinion on the damage a jealous Peugeot did! The lad seemed ok, but difficult to get an opinion on somewhere until you have a few dealings, now what I mean[?]

they said 6 to 8 weeks, as its a special order. Im having an Eleganza but with a skydome roof added. Apparently they wouldnt normally make any as it has climate control, but my Micra had aircon and I missed a sunroof! Cant wait as I am driving a 1977 Triumph Dolomite at the mo, and its really tired!

James,

I've been to Gainmanor a couple of times. No complaints as yet and fairly competitive as they are still setting up. I'll likely be paying them another visit once they get settled into their new showroom.

One of the sales lads, Maz, looks into the forum now and then. Got to be a plus that. :D

Dave. :)

Marea HLX 2.0 20v
<h6>FIATcentral window sticker, silver poppy coral, titanium tax disc.
:)Blue Momo Tomahawk Gear Knob :)
Blue gaiters, Blue sidelights, Blue interior lights, Blue lacquer on engine, feeling blue ;)
Ecotek fitted, removed and waiting for warm weather
So much to do, so little time.... and Totally Skint!! :(</h6>

Simonstone in Bristol are good, they're getting me a test drive in the new Panda whenever I can get down there

Spirito di Punto | M-reg 55SX, black, 5dr. Clear repeaters. Remote locking fitted, no light confirmation yet though - need relay fitted

Well up here in Carlisle, the joint Fiat/ AR dealership are rather nice and helpful but a bit thick and do so like to make life difficult for me and themselves through their stupidity. They seriously need to work on their communication skills between each other! And this is me going in smart after work as well (I wear a suit for work). They also managed to break my boot while it was being serviced, but let's say no more about that....

Reg Vardy, Reading are not too bad. They have had my car twice since it was new in October. 1st time was because their valeters had scratched the door down to the metal and 2nd I asked them to clean the sticky remains of the tape from the inside door handles, they used a glue release spray and proceeded to release the fabric from the inside of the door in the process! [:(!] The cleaners were billed for both, bet they don't get a bonus next christmas! |)

53 Reg Punto Active Sport in Atlantic Grey.

Back