Technical Fiat uno turbo Mk2 not starting

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat uno turbo Mk2 not starting

I’ve managed to source a ultrasonic bath and I’m just currently waiting for them to be cleaned ,

I will let them dry off then I will test them to see if they operate,
seen on YouTube a video on how to test them using a power pack 12v and listening out for a clicking .

Once all are working I will take your tip on a diesel bath for them , one tip too the guy from YouTube said was to use gearbox oil for the injectors as well as diesel .

Il update progress
🤞 hopefully she will start

Also thanks for pointing me to turbonoz managed to get some new seating gro
It’s for the injectors 👍👍
Hey. I don't want to take credit / praise etc. I've never had to diagnose/solve an injector issue so all of the info I have provided comes from gut feel/experience and any addition web info.

Please keep us all updated on your progress. That way well all learn!

Hey. I don't want to take credit / praise etc. I've never had to diagnose/solve an injector issue so all of the info I have provided comes from gut feel/experience and any addition web info.

Please keep us all updated on your progress. That way well all learn!
It’s all fun and learning for us guys .

Right quick update injectors have come out nice and clean from the bath ,

Dried them off and tested them all with voltage meter all running at 16.2 v so all good

Just carried out a click test by hooking them up individually to a battery and they have all checked out and clicking .
I’ve soaked them in transmission oil over night .
So just waiting for new rubbers to arrive then in they go 🤞🤞🙏

It’s all fun and learning for us guys .

Right quick update injectors have come out nice and clean from the bath ,

Dried them off and tested them all with voltage meter all running at 16.2 v so all good

Just carried out a click test by hooking them up individually to a battery and they have all checked out and clicking .
I’ve soaked them in transmission oil over night .
So just waiting for new rubbers to arrive then in they go 🤞🤞🙏
Sounds like you are making great progress. Fingers crossed :)

Hi all
Just a quick update on starting my pride and joy!
Success a big thank you to s130 for the advice .

I removed all the injectors placed them in a ultrasonic bath for max time then in to a bath of transmission oil .
I did a test on the injectors after deep cleaning and we’re all pulsing perfectly.
I installed them all and tried to turn car over but no joy , released the air from the fuel filter (engine bay )
Car started but struggled on tickover very lumpy idling until hot engine temp was halfway
Glad she turned over and started !!
Next step oil oil filter /plugs and coolant change .

Hoping this will help drastically on cold start ?

Any ideas guys on anything else to check ?
Spoke to a mechanic and was told it could be the in line filter next to the pump (this was not changed due to no availability anywhere )
Was told I could bypass this filter ?

Thanks guys also managed to source some second hand injectors for spare from a Alfa Romeo turns out the Alfa Romeo gtv 2.0 use the exact same ones .

Many thanks all 👍

Hi all
Just a quick update on starting my pride and joy!
Success a big thank you to s130 for the advice .

I removed all the injectors placed them in a ultrasonic bath for max time then in to a bath of transmission oil .
I did a test on the injectors after deep cleaning and we’re all pulsing perfectly.
I installed them all and tried to turn car over but no joy , released the air from the fuel filter (engine bay )
Car started but struggled on tickover very lumpy idling until hot engine temp was halfway
Glad she turned over and started !!
Next step oil oil filter /plugs and coolant change .

Hoping this will help drastically on cold start ?

Any ideas guys on anything else to check ?
Spoke to a mechanic and was told it could be the in line filter next to the pump (this was not changed due to no availability anywhere )
Was told I could bypass this filter ?

Thanks guys also managed to source some second hand injectors for spare from a Alfa Romeo turns out the Alfa Romeo gtv 2.0 use the exact same ones .

Many thanks all 👍
According to the parts list there are TWO fuel filters.

A low pressure inline filter BEFORE the fuel pump on the tank out line. P/N:

7563164PETROL FILTER
btn_no_order.png
Famiglia:AC16 - COMPLETE FUEL FILTER
Availability:Product out of production. No replacements availableMinimum quantity per package:1
Macro-family:EDiscount code:n/a
Weight (grams):80Listed price:n/a
Measurement unit:NumPrice including taxes:n/a

FIAT - MT UNO TURBO R/89 (1989-1993)

A high pressure cannister filter with Banjo unions AFTER the fuel pump. P/N:

71736105PETROL FILTER
btn_no_order.png
Availability:Product out of production. No replacements availableMinimum quantity per package:1
Weight (grams):220Listed price:n/a

Product previously in use

Repl. date
Replacing
Replaced
Description

FIAT - XS MILLE CLIP (1995-1997)

FIAT - MR UNO R/89 900-1.0-1.1 (1989-1995)

FIAT - MT UNO TURBO R/89 (1989-1993)

ALFA ROMEO - U1 145 BZ/DS (1994-1996)

ALFA ROMEO - U2 146 BZ/DS (1995-1996)

ALFA ROMEO - U5 155 ASPIRATO (1992-1996)

ALFA ROMEO - T3 155 GAMMA 96 BZ (1996-1997)

ALFA ROMEO - W6 33 I.E. 8/16 VALV. (1990-1994)

LANCIA - ZL Y10 FL.89 (1988-1992)

LANCIA - ZM Y10 R.92 (1992-1995)

As you can see this second filter is used in other Fiats / Alfa / Lancia

It could be that your Uno Tubro only has one filter. I can't tell without a VIN number.

The high pressure filter may be more difficult.

The Fiat Tempra 1.8ie uses a similar filter, P/N: (also used in Ducato commercial petrol vans)
82434499FUEL FILTER
carrello_proposta2.png
Availability:Replaced productMinimum quantity per package:1
Weight (grams):185Listed price:n/a

Replacements

Product previously in use

Repl. date
Replacing
Replaced
Description

FIAT PROFESSIONAL - PD DUCATO '94 BENZINA (1994-2002)

See:

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem/82434499

and

Last edited:
Hi s130
I did replace the filter with the bungee unions (under the bonnet )
But no joy in getting the inline filter next to fuel pump which is a lot smaller I presume this is for priming .

Will check out the link provided thank you 🙏

The image shown above is the filter I need
I can see the P/N:7563164 and it matches the image in the ePER parts list. This low pressure filter is down by the fuel tank just before the pump which is there as well.

The other filter I listed with the banjo connections is probably located down by and just in front of the rear O/S wheel according to ePER.

No idea what the one in the engine compartment is?

Yes this filter is situated inline with the fuel pump . This is the one I didn’t replace but I think I will purchase the one you showed me in the link .

The canister filter situated jus before the injector rail (engine bay ) I have replaced .

Any other things I could try checking ?

Yes this filter is situated inline with the fuel pump . This is the one I didn’t replace but I think I will purchase the one you showed me in the link .

The canister filter situated jus before the injector rail (engine bay ) I have replaced .

Any other things I could try checking ?
CAUTION!

The picture of P/N:7563164 you posted, a filter with "tails" matches what is on/in ePER but the link I gave shows a different filter with no tails and seems to have screw in joints! Not sure what is going on here so I suggest you tread carefully!!!!!!

Sorry for the confusion. Yes you are right I did check after it’s the one with the tails I need .

And found it from the company who supply’s the filter with no tails

On double checking part number is not the same .
Found one on eBay but from Italy and postage is £25 😬 so will order this one .

Back