General Fiat Uno Radio.

Currently reading:
General Fiat Uno Radio.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

gholian

Hi,
I am trying to find out what brand/type of radios were fitted to the MK1 Uno's, from the factory. I need to replace mine as it won't turn on now and it's not the original
and would like to replace with an original type. I was told that it was probably Blaupunkt but don't know the model type.

Any Help appreciated.
Thanks.

I had two Mk1 Unos - a 45S in 1985 and a 70SX in 1987. Neither came with a factory-fitted radio.

Hi,
I am trying to find out what brand/type of radios were fitted to the MK1 Uno's, from the factory. I need to replace mine as it won't turn on now and it's not the original
and would like to replace with an original type. I was told that it was probably Blaupunkt but don't know the model type.

Any Help appreciated.
Thanks.
Dependant on age blaupunkt, grundig, sparkright…if anyone has an accessories catalogue from the time, that would help

Thanks for your replies. The car is a 1989 45S. Some of them you would imagine must have been fitted with radios. I will look for an accessories catalogue
for 1989 but probably very hard to come by now.

Thanks for your replies. The car is a 1989 45S. Some of them you would imagine must have been fitted with radios. I will look for an accessories catalogue
for 1989 but probably very hard to come by now.
There’s one on eBay
Edit, there are a few for the era but, if you zoom in on the Uno brochure for ‘88, it shows blaupunkt

Last edited:
Porta. I tried to find an uno brochure for 1988 online so as I could zoom in on the radio but any I found the zoom is terrible and can't make out the radio.
where did you find the 88 Brochure.
Thanks.

EBay Uk…there are a number of fiat accessory brochures from the era, for Uno, Tipo, Tempra etc…the German ones show blaupunkt and phillips as options, whereas the UK ones only show blaupunkt

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
So according to my catlogues I have the Uno never came with a factory fit option. However radios were dealer/cusotmer fitted accessories.

If 1987 the radio options were:

1692894901894.png

So according to my catlogues I have the Uno never came with a factory fit option. However radios were dealer/cusotmer fitted accessories.

If 1987 the radio options were:

View attachment 428648
I think I’ve still got two of the blaupunkts and a grundig somewhere…funny that the Germans got the choice of Blaupunkt and Phillips

The Blaupunkt Boston SQM 27 is the model I recall seing the most in Fiats of that era. Understandable when you see the 1987 orice lists. Don't recall ever seeing and Grundig models

• Atlanta -£422.59
  • Melbourne - £269.96
  • Cambridge - £218.44
  • Boston - £196.08 (digital, 5 memories per band, good price)
  • Bristol - £109.12 (who would wan't this old style mechanical knob tune with only one mechanical memory per band)
  • WKC 4860 - £440.91
  • WKC 3850 - £265.00
  • WKC 2830 - £207.00
  • WKC 3800 - £155.89
  • WKC 3039 - £96.60

The Blaupunkt Boston SQM 27 is the model I recall seing the most in Fiats of that era. Understandable when you see the 1987 orice lists. Don't recall ever seeing and Grundig models

• Atlanta -£422.59
  • Melbourne - £269.96
  • Cambridge - £218.44
  • Boston - £196.08 (digital, 5 memories per band, good price)
  • Bristol - £109.12 (who would wan't this old style mechanical knob tune with only one mechanical memory per band)
  • WKC 4860 - £440.91
  • WKC 3850 - £265.00
  • WKC 2830 - £207.00
  • WKC 3800 - £155.89
  • WKC 3039 - £96.60
Fiat supplied grundig as an overlap then went just grundig

Was thinking about a Blaupunkt Bristol 24, don't want the digital display. Actually saw yesterday a 1989 basic Uno that had a Motorola radio with no cassette drive.
The owner said the car was all original so guess these cars could be fitted with anything.

This Blaupunkt Boston CC 20 , original fitted to my 1991 uno.
I think the radio was made from 1990 ? so a bit late for a Mk 1 uno.
I thought the one in my uno was not working so i bought a brand new old stock Boston CC20 radio with cage.
S---law i got the old on to work.

Attachments

• Radio Blaupunkt CC 20 radio uno.jpg
    Radio Blaupunkt CC 20 radio uno.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 22
  • radio uno cage 1.jpg
    radio uno cage 1.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 26
  • radio uno 2.jpg
    radio uno 2.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 24
I have the original Blaupunkt Boston CC 20 fitting booklet and the radio manual