Technical fiat uno mia 1.1 carb-cut out no spark

Currently reading:
Technical fiat uno mia 1.1 carb-cut out no spark

smeags

hi all hope u able to help me I have a 1.1 mia I think its 1999 or 2000.bought the car a few weeks back..shes been driving perfect until recently I felt a huge loss in power.2days ago she just died and wouldn't start.when I crank it sounded as if it wanted to take but no luck.i then bought a new fuel pump withought diagnosing.before replacing it I tried advancing the timing and she started,reved up good and drove normal again for about 20km.i came to a stop she died out an wount start again.ive replaced the coil but still nothing.any advice please
??

Does it have that troublesome ignition module on it? A small silver box mounted on the distributor? If so that's prime suspect. Sorry I don't know that engine specifically but it's the right era to have a module.

When it gets hot it will malfunction and give no spark (or extremely weak spark at best). Usual sequence is the car will start from cold then cut out when hot - sometimes every time it hits running temp until the module cools down.

hey guys thanks for ur replies.after opening the distributor this morning I discovered the 2 wires were broken off inside.i then bought a new distributor came home fitted it an tried again for an hour still no spark.then went to buy the third coil an still no spark.ive added earths ive checked connections.hot or cold it doesn't start.there is power to the coil an distributor but still no spark.all plugs are new an leads were recently replaced by previous owner

hey guys thanks for ur replies.after opening the distributor this morning I discovered the 2 wires were broken off inside.i then bought a new distributor came home fitted it an tried again for an hour still no spark.then went to buy the third coil an still no spark.ive added earths ive checked connections.hot or cold it doesn't start.there is power to the coil an distributor but still no spark.all plugs are new an leads were recently replaced by previous owner

Back