General FIat Uno Does not Start anymore.

Currently reading:
General FIat Uno Does not Start anymore.

How much is the hourly rate of a Fiat authorised garage?Here they've an established price of 25€/hour...a bit less than the other brands, such as Audi,Bmw,Mercedes,Alfa Romeo-Lancia(which are italian tooB)), btw they remain more expensive than an independant;)!

Regarding the prices:for a Marelli 45Ah battery I paid 37€, the same capacity Bosch costs 40€ but it's the same high-quality manufacturing...4 Beru Ultra-X spark plugs were mine for 20€...now I'm looking for the lowest price clutch kit, my Panda seems to need it:(!!How much there??

Insane prices down there to you Enzo. The Fiat authorized garage here charges 100,2 Euros for one hour work. But they are very willing to give free advices, so I like them. They're nice too.

Today: Abarth alloys. Inter Alloy lowering. Phoenix Gold & Kenwood stereo.

Projects: Abarth / Momo steering wheel, K&N induction kit, racing seats, exhaust, door refurnishing, window tinting.

100€ for 1 hour of labour[:0][?]May you ask them of much it takes to replace the clutch kit on a Panda 1.0fire? Here they charge you for 200€ more or less, and I consider it a little robbery...;)

I suppose the crux of the matter is local Pay and cost of living:

it's no good having a million in your pocket if the bus fare home is 2 million[:eek:)]

OK, I know we're a bit off topic, but...

Norway is a country for strange people and strange laws and strange taxes.

Example1: Maxiumim Norwegian speed limit: 100 kmph ( = 60 mph). Someone somewhere that can beat this?

Example 2: If you drive in 116 kmph in a 80 kmph speed limit you'll loose your driving license for approximately 6 months and be given a speeding ticket (or an inverse robbery) for at least 600 Euros. Someone somewhere that can beat this?

Example 3: 1 litre of Vodka: At least 50 Euros. 1/2 litre (approximately 1 pint): 7 Euros. Someone somewhere that can beat this?

So, welcome to Norway. If you've got something fancy which most of us don't have or can't afford, we'll make sure you'll have to pay for it. This is why so many Norwegians flee over to Sweden to buy alcohol, gasoline and get their cars fixed. Half the price, and ofcourse a lot of illegal "importing". :D

Today: Abarth alloys. Inter Alloy lowering. Phoenix Gold & Kenwood stereo.

Projects: Abarth / Momo steering wheel, K&N induction kit, racing seats, exhaust, door refurnishing, window tinting.

Yes, the car is alive for 1.5 day now.
What the garage did:

Checked my brakes and adjusted them (was indeed needed)
Cleaned my car
Did a bit of rewiring and checked all the contact and uncorroded them.
Replaced the driving belt as this was the main reason why the car did not charge the battery (so simple?)
Pumped up the tires and checked them.

Now all is ok again and i have warrenty.

The costs: € 150.00 euro included tax etc...

Yahoo that was not to bad, car drives like crazy again.

So the thing wat wonderes my still is the fact that an UNO with a dead battery cannot drive with the lights on as the engine will not run efficiently then. So if you ever get stuck just do drive in the dark with no lights on! :)

Thank you for all the support and help all you people!

I am a happy driver in Dublin again.

Originally posted by fiatuno2003
Yes, the car is alive for 1.5 day now.
What the garage did:

Checked my brakes and adjusted them (was indeed needed)
Cleaned my car
Did a bit of rewiring and checked all the contact and uncorroded them.
Replaced the driving belt as this was the main reason why the car did not charge the battery (so simple?)
Pumped up the tires and checked them.

Now all is ok again and i have warrenty.

The costs: € 150.00 euro included tax etc...

Yahoo that was not to bad, car drives like crazy again.

So the thing wat wonderes my still is the fact that an UNO with a dead battery cannot drive with the lights on as the engine will not run efficiently then. So if you ever get stuck just do drive in the dark with no lights on! :)

Thank you for all the support and help all you people!

I am a happy driver in Dublin again.

D'oh!

I'm ashamed of not suggesting the alternator belt:I

But with the other work (brakes in particular) and guarantee it doesn't seem so bad.

Best of luck for the future in your FIAT.

Regards

John H

Back