General Fiat Ulysse 2.2 94kW 2003rd years - excessive fuel consumption

Currently reading:
General Fiat Ulysse 2.2 94kW 2003rd years - excessive fuel consumption

glgec

I have recently Ulysse's 2003rd years, 2.2 JTD, 94kW.
Since I bought it, it's been about three months, and with him I made about 12,000 km, the car is great, comfortable ... but I was spending too high, in fact, the average consumption is about me 11l/100km ... if someone has a presumption of what the problem is, thanks

I get about 39 to a gallon (average over 1000 miles) but I have the 6 speed box.

12,000 km (about 7,500 miles) in 3 months implies that you are doing quite a lot of long distance trips. On these type of journeys, at motorway speeds (about 120 kph) you should be achieving a fuel consumption of around 38 mpg (7.5l/100km). Perhaps, one of the sensors on your engine is providing the ECU with erroneous data. This might cause the ECU to over-supply fuel to the injectors. For example, the MAF might be faulty or the engine coolant temperature sensor, either of which could affect fuel consumption. You will need to connect your car's diagnostic socket to a vehicle diagnostic system to check for these sort of problems.

I too have high fuel consumption.

On the 2nd trip meter which i leave going its currently showing 27.4 MPG, have done approx 3500 - 4000 miles in it since i bought her mid December, mostly commuting to and from work which is a daily 65 mile round trip.

Have just today in fact had the Air box off, got rid of some of the crud from the filter (New one to come) and cleaned the innerds of the MAF sensor with alcohol wipes as was a bit oily. Will see how it goes from now on.

Back