General fiat ulysee stereo

Currently reading:
General fiat ulysee stereo

dazz

hi all just brought a 54 plate ulysee elanganza but the stereo is is missing can someone tell me where to get a original one from I understand it has the simcard thing on it if I get one from a breakers yard would it need decoding ??????

ok ive just found out there are 2 types of stereo rt3 units one is monochrome the other is colour the problem is I don't know what screen I got colour or monochrome is the screen still supposed to light up even tho the original stereo is not fitted ????? any help on this please I phoned a fiat dealer and he said he cannot tell me wot screen is fitted to mine so im at a loss

The monochrome screen is based in a different location to the colour screen, from what I recall.

In the Ulysse we owned, the colour screen was right on top of the dash.

Hi,

Stu is correct I believe the colour is mounted between the dials in the centre on top of the dash and the monochrome is just above where the rt3 unit is above and to the left of the gear stick on a right hand drive.

Tommo

yes I know the small screen is the climate control but he is also selling the small screen that sits under the clocks but is saying its colour has he made a mistake, really don't want to spend the money on the wrong unit, really appreciate the help guys.

Hi,

I would suggest he has made an error, the screen he has pictured looks like the monochrome version (Same one fitted to my 54 plate and is definately not colour). However this should still be compatable with your vehicle. You don't say which screen your vehicle is fitted with or is it missing more than just the rt3 unit?

Tommo

the screen looks like the one he has listed it is fitted but completely blank nothing shows on it thanks.

That would make it the monochrome version m8. The one you linked to on ebay would be suitable but would query the seller regarding him suggesting it is colour.

Tommo

I'd love to know how? Ours has vertical lines - very like one of our XMs in the past. However, how do you get to take the monochrome screen out? Where to start? Thanks!

to take the monochrome screen out lif up both lids on the dash grab both sides of where the screen is in its casing and lift it up its only on clips once lifed remove the plug that powers it and the whole thing is removed behind the panel there are 2 screws remove them and your screen will come out

Thanks again - seriously easy to remove - except for the plug... The socket has a little brown tang on one side, but tweaking it one way and the other does not allow me to pull the plug out. Obviously there's a knack? (Which as yet I don't have.)

Back