Technical Fiat TIPO Changes Uconnect 7 to 7 NAVI - ACTIVATION PROXI

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat TIPO Changes Uconnect 7 to 7 NAVI - ACTIVATION PROXI

Fofo007

Hi, I'm from Slovakia :) I have Fiat Tipo 2017 I exchanged Uconnect 7 for Uconnect 7 with navigation. I had a NAV icon on the screen, but after aligning the NAV icon disappeared. How can I return it? thank you

I use Multiecuscan 4.5

Don’t quote me on this but in the proxi alignment menu, do you see a tab that says ‘adjustments’ then info displayed at the bottom or maybe even display type? If so, try changing to the type of radio you’ve installed. From what I can gather, the proxi alignment will just copy whatever your car came with as standard hence losing the Nav function.

Let us know if it works.

Last edited:
Can't speak for that we didn't have the 7" unit in the Tipo until fairly recently I believe

It should be possible to change the setting on the unit it may need a custom proxi alligment however it may be worth asking on the multiecuscan forum I'd you can even get a reply on there

I will buy a FIAT 500L with the Uconnect 7 HD Live without nav. Do you think that the nav function is just a function which can be set via MES and connect an aftermarked GPS antenna?

I will buy a FIAT 500L with the Uconnect 7 HD Live without nav. Do you think that the nav function is just a function which can be set via MES and connect an aftermarked GPS antenna?
Definitely not just a setting change

I believe the none nav units do not have a GPS antenna connection on the rear of the unit
Although i did see a post saying the GPS chip is on the circuit board

But I'm not 10% sure of this

Definitely not just a setting change

I believe the none nav units do not have a GPS antenna connection on the rear of the unit
Although i did see a post saying the GPS chip is on the circuit board

But I'm not 10% sure of this
Thank you for you replay. So, as I expected, it seems to be the same situation like on my Alfa Romeo MiTo with Uconnect 5. I have to check the backside of the unit, if there is a GPS connection. I will let you know. Are there any firmware updates available for the Uconnect 7?

Back