Technical FIAT Strada 1.6v exl... fiat strada jerking/stalling after a km or so, when I stop switch off the engine and then start again en process repeats.

Currently reading:
Technical FIAT Strada 1.6v exl... fiat strada jerking/stalling after a km or so, when I stop switch off the engine and then start again en process repeats.

Fiat lover 101

Good Day My Fiat Strada is jerking/stalling when I am driving.

It is like the engine shuts down or loses power even if i press down the acceleration it just feels if it goes into a limp mode, when I stop next to the road, and wait a minute or 2 again it works perfectly for a few km and then does the same.

when I drive long Road it runs perfectly but on short stop-and-go's it starts jerking like I mentioned before.

Replaced:
Petrol pump
Fuel filter
cleaned all sensors, everything looks right.
Replaced a faulty injector
Reworked the head, piston replaced etc.
Replaced Plugs and wires.

what else can it be?

I honestly don't know anymore.

Good Day My Fiat Strada is jerking/stalling when I am driving.

It is like the engine shuts down or loses power even if i press down the acceleration it just feels if it goes into a limp mode, when I stop next to the road, and wait a minute or 2 again it works perfectly for a few km and then does the same.

when I drive long Road it runs perfectly but on short stop-and-go's it starts jerking like I mentioned before.

Replaced:
Petrol pump
Fuel filter
cleaned all sensors, everything looks right.
Replaced a faulty injector
Reworked the head, piston replaced etc.
Replaced Plugs and wires.

what else can it be?

I honestly don't know anymore.
Error codes?

Yeah, it's a "South African" 2006 model, (South African model not sure if that makes a difference, apparently its a different place as per fuse boxes)

yes apparently very similar to Palio.
I think I found it, it's a 3-port plug on the ECU itself. Unfortunately, I don't have the adapter for that plug, I will need to take it to the closest centre that's about 60 min drive out.

The car runs perfectly in the mornings (when driving short trips) but after 12 pm, when I drive around again, after a few minutes the engine jerks / shuts down or loses power(feels like limp mode), if I press the accelerate pedal down, it sounds like the car is misfiring until it shuts off, then when I stop next to the road, and wait a minute or 2 again it works perfectly for a few km and then does the same (like whatever is the cause reset itself).

This feels like an electronic issue more than a mechanical issue.

Maybe a Computer box issue?

I am struggling to get my car to someone who can assist with the diagnostic, even bought the adaptor but the diagnostic machine I used does not pick up the car. The closest FIAT is 30 km and that is a bit too far for this car to drive.

Replaced:
Petrol pump
Cleaned all sensors and tested
Replaced a faulty injector (Only 1)
Reworked the head, piston replaced etc

*Updated:

Coil pack
Spark plug wires
Heat sensor
Opened and replaced thermostat
Checked petrol tank for dirt or any obstruction
Checked fuel line.
Tested Most sensors again.
Throttle body cleaned.

I have been to numerous mechanics, and no one can tell me what is going on.

Updated 3

So I tried to use a diagnostic machine with an adaptor (6 Different diagnostic machines) but we are not picking up the Car.

I notice that how lower the petrol the more the car stutters like fuel starvation. When I throw in petrol again it doesn't stutter again for a while.
(it still stutters even with a full tank)

It feels like it has something to do with fuel starvation.

Another thing I notice what the car is the following.

if I drive and it starts losing power and if I press the accelerate flat, it will start to accelerate and then lose power again and accelerate again until a point where the car dies. There is a heavy petrol smell when this happens.

https://attools.co.za/cdn/shop/products/[email protected]?v=1673277880 (adaptor)

Back