General FIAT Stilo Selespeed questions

Currently reading:
General FIAT Stilo Selespeed questions

What the FIAT

Hi guys,

I am looking into getting a Stilo Selespeed.
Yeah these cars are not usually popular, but I want one :)

But before I plunge myself into this, I have a few questions about the car...

In the Alfa Selespeed, if you reach the max revolutions, it changes gear automatically. In the Alfa GTA, it does not (letting the engine bounce off the limiter) Which way does the Stilo operate?

Also, the various Alfa Romeo Selespeed systems behave slightly different. The first version used a simple algorithm to asses whether the user wanted a fast change or a slow one ("oh, you are driving fast, let me change gears fast and let the engine rev at standstill before engaging clutch") The later ones were more predictable with the gear change dependent on where in the rev range and how hard the accelerator pedal was pressed. (with the GTA more aggressive than the standard)

When it eventually fails (which will happen, I know) does the Selespeed just throw a hissy fit, or will it allow the car to operate in a fail-safe (limp) mode?

How is the electric power steering?

Also; does anyone have any turbo charging experiences or build threads to share? :)

hi,see your from ireland,is it the stilo selespeed thats on done deal for sale your thinking off buying.

i have one up on done deal,she is fully restored,irish registered,if your interested i will be glad to answer any questions if you would like to ring me.

i have one up on done deal,she is fully restored,irish registered,if your interested i will be glad to answer any questions if you would like to ring me.

Thank you for the offer Jock. :)
But, your car is a real beautiful specimen. What I am looking for is something for Mondello Park. It would be a shame to do that to yours.

Hello i have problem

Attachments

• IMG-dc1d6f4fda1842dec4ef61f8b67cb569-V.jpg
    IMG-dc1d6f4fda1842dec4ef61f8b67cb569-V.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 45
What is it? Its selespeed? Car not going. Make 1 and R all but written gearbox failure.

Relay new oil new pomp new. I think solenoids and black round for selespeed. I dont know whats it?

Relay new oil new pomp new. I think solenoids and black round for selespeed. I dont know whats it[emoji58]
It is a difficult problem.
Check/clean the ground -ve wires to body connections. Check the wiring and connectors for the relay and selespeed ecu.

Back