Technical Fiat stilo 1.6 2002 diagnosis code

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat stilo 1.6 2002 diagnosis code

I think those are can bus codes ..I have some U codes but none of those are in my list..:(

U1601=CAN C-line communication (bus off/No signal / Plausibility)
U1700=NCM-NBC communication (motor-ecu<.>body computer no sign./plausibility)
U1702=NCM-NGE communication (motor-ecu<>el. steering ecu) no sign./plausibility)
U1706=NCM-NFR communication (motor ecu<>ABS ecu) no signal/plausibility

looks like a D4 or grounding problem....

U1601 = C-Can line error (High speed CAN network)
U1700 = CAN Network NCM - NBC (Engine Management ECU - Body ECU)
U1702 = CAN Network NCM - NGE (Engine Management ECU - Electric Power Steering ECU)
U1706 = CAN Network NCM - NFR (Engine Management ECU - ABS Brake ECU)

I think you need to clean the D4 connector.

Dave.

EDIT Yellow beat me to it.

Last edited:
i am working on a 1.6 16v stilo with the same codes.u1706, u1700, u1600,u1702 the car has trouble starting sometimes. it revs fine. only prob is when it idle's.. it's hunting..it won't run smooth..when i changed
the plug's they where black and shooty..it's running rich..iv'e cleaned the d4 it was dry and clean.ive changed the iat and the maf meter..cleaned all the earth's..please help..this car has drove me nut's ha ha. it belong's to my dad ho's 69 and i want to fix it for him thank's

Well I got all my error codes away, the car is fine now :D, with the d4 connector i just unpluged it and pluged it back in and I could delete the error codes :D, the only problem now is the dame Airbag failure :S dunno how to fix it :S

i am working on a 1.6 16v stilo with the same codes.u1706, u1700, u1600,u1702 the car has trouble starting sometimes. it revs fine. only prob is when it idle's.. it's hunting..it won't run smooth..when i changed
the plug's they where black and shooty..it's running rich..iv'e cleaned the d4 it was dry and clean.ive changed the iat and the maf meter..cleaned all the earth's..please help..this car has drove me nut's ha ha. it belong's to my dad ho's 69 and i want to fix it for him thank's

check if the car was updated with the proper software (2616K31B instead of 2611K30B) - this software update solves the hunting when idling if your throttle body is dirty .
Clean it with brake cleaner (probably much black deposits around the butterfly)
check if your spark plugs have the right type nr for your car, they have to be of the correct heat range - if they stay too cool they will contaminate and cause ignition problems.

I wonder if it is the same problem on a Pnada 1.1 ECO. Mine has just come up with the same problem after numerous journeys where the engine cut then came back on suddenly. Currently at a garage and I will pass on info on this D4 connector - if it exists on the Panda:eek:

Hi there iv got a ray of lights on my dash codes from
P0480 to U1702 under engine management
What's the D4 connector?????
Many thanks
Dave

Hi anyone knows if the grande punto have the d4 conector?
I am getting alot of errors
U1700
U1702
C1002
C0051
C1212

Any idea? Best regards

U1700 - i.e. no communication between engine controller and body controller ( BODY ) over the bus. Probably a faulty wiring harness.
U1702 - Indicates that the engine controller is probably faulty.
C1002 - steering sensor defective
C0051 - control lever position sensor
-continuous
C1215 - the code generally corresponds to a brake light sensor (switch) error.

So a little to check you have

Back