Technical Fiat scanning software

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat scanning software

Ermie571

Hi there, a bit of advice would be great please?

On holiday last year, we had the change engine oil warning. Dived on here and used the ignition, gas and 7 brake pedal pushes to reset it. I know the oil was good having had an oil change only a few months /3,000 miles previously.

So... I learned that there are two resets... One for servicing and one for oil. I didn't do these with the oil change.

So I took the van to a mechanic who possesses a private fessional engine code reader.

We got into it and found an oil change section. However, when we asked it to reset, the tool reported that the van didn't have this facility?

We were able to find out that there was 44,000 km until the next oil change warning... Which equates to 27,350 miles. I have expect we have done about 600 miles since we reset it...

So... Does the pedal procedure actually reset the counter as well as removing the error from the dash. Previous reading wasn't solid on this answer that I could find.

I have found some fiat software... A free version that gives info only, a medium package that does more and a pro setting. I will try and find the link.

What do others use? Do I need to even worry about it?

Thanks for any help

Emma

Multiecuscan software. Don't mind investing the 50 euro but need a cable too it seems

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240125_193023_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240125_193023_Chrome.jpg
    779.7 KB · Views: 19
The pedal reset procedure reset the interval to next oil change to approx 28000 miles on my 2017 euro6 2.3 150bhp. The warning lamp was not on at the time. I used the pedal method because the diagnosic tool I was using actually reset the service interval when the instruction was to reset the oil change interval.

The pedal method only changes on screen warnings it does not affect the oil degradation algorithym thus the possibility of going into limp mode.

Thankyou. Do you know when it does as it seems a bit excessive to have 27,000 miles left on the counter? That's what the screen on the reader said?

The pedal method only changes on screen warnings it does not affect the oil degradation algorithym thus the possibility of going into limp mode.
I never had any on screen warning when I used the method on mine. It reset the interval to change to 28000 miles. I have used the same method twice more over a 6 year period and 40,000 miles without any adverse effects so it appears to reset the oil change algorithm.

I never had any on screen warning when I used the method on mine. It reset the interval to change to 28000 miles. I have used the same method twice more over a 6 year period and 40,000 miles without any adverse effects so it appears to reset the oil change algorithm.
thats interesting as on Motor home forums it has been reported several times that limp mode has been entered when limmits have been exceeded. You mention yours is a 2017 model was it manufactured prior to sept 16 (on CofC)

Mine must have reset to the 28000 as we did a further 400 miles to get home. I had the van at 35,000 miles. It's now at 59,900. I've changed the oil without resetting once. The reader said it had had 2 automatic resets.

Mine is a 2015 plate, but I think it was manufactured in 2014.

thats interesting as on Motor home forums it has been reported several times that limp mode has been entered when limmits have been exceeded. You mention yours is a 2017 model was it manufactured prior to sept 16 (on CofC)
Fiat CofC dated 26/10/2016. I guess that if the counter has reset to the default 28,000 miles, that it has reset the countdown to degradation and possible limp mode .
see the link to youtube video where i have asked the originator four years ago the question as to whether the counter resets and after checking he confirmed it did and I subsequently proved it . However all things being equal perhaps some variants don't reset the counter but just switch the warning off but that is not my experience.

Last edited:
Back