General Fiat Qubo Model Year 2011

Currently reading:
General Fiat Qubo Model Year 2011

I see that the UK Insurance Comparison sites
& Online vehicle sellers
are now showing on the lists for 2011 UK Qubos,
'Dynamics' in both 95bhp & 75bhp manual & dualogic,
But 'Actives' in only 75bhp manual or dualogic.

george

They are showing @
Qubo Dynamic multijet 96ps £14,441

,, ,, ,, 76ps £13,277

,, ,, ,, 96ps dualogic £15,462

,, ,, ,, 76ps ,, £ 14,298

,, ,, ,, 96ps Trekking £14,849

several sellers advertising for supply, like ***.listers.co.uk

george

* The Official 'Fiat UK' websites are hopless & out of date,
as i keep saying when i fill in their surveys,
I also keep saying their Media/Promotions/internet teams need sacked for a total lack of knowledge or even caring about the prospective customers need for current information.*

A premium on price of anything like £1164
for some extra BHP/torque,
& drop in emissions on 2 g/km & an increased towing capacity to make it a viable small caravan tow vehicle,
is IMHO an 'absolute rip off'. (no word of MPG, & why no Fiat press releases in the UK ??)

Where is the extra manufacturing/material costs in modifiying the engine stroke,
different filter system, stop/start & a few bits & pieces.

IMO It becomes a very expensive car in 95 bhp/96ps form.

george

Last edited:
Not wishing to defend FIAT particularly but I think the 95hp multijet is significantly different to the 75.

Would be nice if it does arrive here. I love my Qubo, but boy is the Dualogic and 75hp a bad combination on steep uphill junctions and corners. Mind you, the 95 will only solve this problem if its better off boost or has a wider power band.

* The Official 'Fiat UK' websites are hopless & out of date,
as i keep saying when i fill in their surveys,
I also keep saying their Media/Promotions/internet teams need sacked for a total lack of knowledge or even caring about the prospective customers need for current information.*

The design of the fiat.co.uk site is good i think, but the seem hopelessly slow to update it when model specs change. The Punto Evo Sporting diesel has just been added to the configurator but has been available to order since at least November i think! :rolleyes: The Sedici is still on the website in part & i believe it's available to order direct from Fiat UK, but there's no info on the site to suggest this. The Bravo section appears to be riddled with incorrect info re colour & option choices.

Fiat UK also only seem to advertise the 500 & Punto on TV, saving magazine adverts for the Panda & only launch magazine/billboard ads for the Qubo & Doblo. The Bravo hasn't had a TV advert in the UK since 2008 & the Qubo & Doblo have never had one here iirc. It's no wonder the only new Fiats on UK roads are 500s, Pandas and Puntos. What about the rest of the range, Fiat? :bang:

As far as I am aware, the 95hp Multijet has the ability to regenerate on tickover, so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

This is good to know, as the bigger Multijets like the 2.0 seem to have painful regeneration issues.

Has Fiat said anything to the dealer network about the Qubo getting the 95bhp Multijet engine to confirm what we're seeing on car discount & insurance websites?

Yep, the updates are all done, 95hp engine, start/stop, ESP as standard throughout the range, all black dashboard and Blue&Me TomTom connectivity.

Yep, the updates are all done, 95hp engine, start/stop, ESP as standard throughout the range, all black dashboard and Blue&Me TomTom connectivity.

Wicked. Now all they need to do is do an advertising campaign & we might see a few more sales.

I guess they've not been a big hit in the dealers up to now, judging by the numbers on the roads?

Now all they have to do is get the pricing and the warranty right and they might be able to compete with the Dacia Duster, which arrives next year and is an excellent car.
I live in hope...

Dacia = Wannabe SUV Qashqai thing.

Qubo = ECO fun van thing.

I am pretty sure the Qubo will cost less and be more economical as well as being better equipped. The Qubo will be expensive, atleast +£1200 over todays prices due to the engine upgrade as that is what all the other ranges have seen. The ESP and maybe some other goodies will try and hide this a bit.

Dacia will be having to work at getting a dealership chain up and running too.

Dacia = Wannabe SUV Qashqai thing.

Qubo = ECO fun van thing.

I am pretty sure the Qubo will cost less and be more economical as well as being better equipped. The Qubo will be expensive, atleast +£1200 over todays prices due to the engine upgrade as that is what all the other ranges have seen. The ESP and maybe some other goodies will try and hide this a bit.

Dacia will be having to work at getting a dealership chain up and running too.

Fiat have got abit greedy with their prices. I know other makes take the mickey just the same, but the price of some Fiat models does make me think 'Christ i could get a VW for that', which even as a big Fiat fan, is hard to swallow.

The Qubo's current start price of £10,695 is at least £1000 too high and this pushes the Doblo's price up to a ridiculous £12,830 for the entry level model. In reality £10,000 starting price for the Doblo would be about right, but Fiat have got themselves into a dilemma because if they priced the Doblo at £10,000 upwards, knowone would buy a Qubo. As it is now, knowone buys either :(

On the subject of Dacia, won't they be sold through some Renault dealers, as Renault own Dacia? I can't see Renault going to the expense of setting up a new network with such a budget brand.

At the top end though the Doblo isnt badly priced considering the engines, kit, 7 seats and space available. There is a 2k mile Doblo 1.6 Eleganza for £10k or £11k on autotrader at the moment, you are still finding 09 qubos for that.
there are plenty of delivery mileage 1.4 doblos out the for 10k, without really looking too hard.

Suppose the sad fact is that they probably cost very similar to produce and fiat may not take all the money for the qubo as its a shared platform.

The Dacia does pretty much everything the Qubo does, with the reliable, economical and very good Renault 1.6 Diesel thrown in.

It comes in 4x4 or 2 wheel drive and hasn't had a bad review. I know a Belgian with one in Luxembourg and he loves his to bits.

No, it isn't a full van, but it is very comfortable, with a wonderful soft ride and good handling. And it has a strong chassis which, given our roads, matters. Cheapish, and cheerful. And it will be sold by Reanult dealers by the way.

Fiats have become expensive, and saying you can buy last year's model (because nobody wants one), with none of the upgrades you might actually be looking for, for reasonable money, hardly swings it.

The new Doblo starts with a risibly underpowered petrol engine, and by the time you have got one with decent spec, including the Tomtom, you might as well give up and buy something else from a rival that is actually popular and will hold value.

Sorry, but Fiat is lost in a minefield of wacky spec and poorly targeted pricing.

I'd love a new Doblo, but only with the non-gutless engine, the 1.9, and at a reasonable price. Which is about four thousand less than Fiat is asking.

Hello Dacia: maybe?

Dacias are all over Europe by the way, and very common in Italy. and Germany.

Perhaps it's about time Fiat gave a little less attention to reforming Chrysler, which it has done very well by the way, and remembered it has a European operation?

Fiat sales have absolutely tanked in Europe this year and the company is doing the worst of all the major manufacturers. They are thinking of revising the Punto, again, to correct the uglification they have lumbered it with, and they are regretting postponing the new Panda. The Bravo is dead in the water.

Lancia is heading south again, and Alfa is only being held aloft by the new Giulietta.

The 500 itself is beginning to look a little tired and is desperately needing the American revisions, such as better soundproofing and better seats.

I live in hope, but Fiat looks to be going to have a tough 2011 in Europe.

they have definately lost their focus, the obsession with america!

The amount of new doblos and dusters i see in italy are similar at the moment. slightly more qubos but generally lowish spec ones.

i saw an old test from when the qubo first launched in a magazine yesterday and it was up against the Note, Jazz, C3 Picasso, A Class and maybe some other.
the qubo may have been van like but was reasonable well specced and atleast £2.5k less. once you think of that as a % it makes more sense.

I think renault, citroen and peugeot also have the same pricing problem with their van-cars. by the time you have plenty of spec and a decent engine you can get the companies mpv for the same price.

i dont think last years models are too undesirable or underspecced, plenty of happy people on here and no dpf problems. i havent looked but how many 5 door estate cars have a turbo diesel, 50+mpg, low road tax and insurance, ac, bluetooth and steering wheel controls for 13k list price?
And seemingly reasonable residuals too.

Also, why in any road test is the 1.3 doblo praised as a commendable performer with sufficient go and the qubo isnt? (pre 06 doblo tests too)

Last edited:
'New Fiat Qubo Active Dualogic'
60 plate '2011 model', in White, Tinted Windows.
Scotland.

This is not an advert,
just hopefully that will bring it up in a search for anyone wanting one.
As a bit of a warning, incase you want a new car quickly.

Scotlands biggest New & second hand dealer is a joke IMO.
Today the salesman i placed my order with says,
"did you not get a message,
we have tried to call you."

I asked 'what about?'
O' we have been told that they (Fiat) will not be building Qubo's untill April.
(2011 i hope he meant)

Thats OK i said,
no problem, i am not in a hurry, i am happy to get a 11 plate car.

"I am still getting one am i ?"

Salesman "Well if there is no changes!"

I pointed out that there 'are changes' to what i ordered,
its going to be a Euro 5
& the price has increased by over £1000, but since we agreed a price, & since i made sure that included the VAT @ 20%, did that mean i was OK,
After all i placed an order & paid £500 deposit as they requested
& they would honour that??

He is going to speak to his manager tomorrow,
& 'they' will phone '
The 'franchise team'.

Who are these car Dealers in 'Perth, Scotland.
Think of comedian 'Arnold' Smith,
& The famous driver Roger 'Clark'.
First name & second name together
& its still a Joker, not as good in sticky circumstances.

george

Last edited:
Not the kind of uncertainty you want when handing over alot of money!

in theory there are probably very few people in this situation and there is more than enough margin in the cars to enable you to have one at the old price providing you are paying somewhere near list. afterall look at all the pre-regs that fiat direct have been selling with far greater reductions.

Just had great help from Fiat & their customer service.

(After me wrongly calling the first 'Fiat help no'. number that comes up with a google,
Dont do this, its 'not Fiat', its a £1.50 number, that gives the number from the freephone no. from the Fiat website.

the free 00800 no. gave Milan, that got me transfered to Slough, that transfered to Milan, that transfered to Fiat Assist (AA), that said sorry
& transfered to Milan.

Milan got me London & Customer Relations.
I now have an Email & the offer of assistance.
The Dealer never put 'my order number' on the invoice.

Once the dealer phones back with an 'order number',
Fiat can tell me the true situation.
They gave me Email contact & a persons actual name that will check on the build.

Funnily the Perth Salesman is outside & the dealership isnt in a hurry to call me back with my Order number.

I hope they have had the sense to do the checks & call me with the correct information regarding the time scale.
To save me doing more direct with Fiat.

The complaint about the dealership is logged with Fiat,
& i just need to talk to Trading Standards now if it proves necessary.

george

Back