Fiat Punto part numbers etc info

Currently reading:
Fiat Punto part numbers etc info

colesyd55

Fiat Punto parts and purchases

Having recently purchased a Fiat 1.9 JTD sport with about 16ok on the clock I set about sorting all the usual suspects so as to get it up to reliable prior to putting it on the road.

The timing belt had recently been replaced by a large well known Fiat dealer in Melbourne but the carnk and camshaft seals were not replaced. The seal on the cam cover had been crimped so there was oil in abundance and consequently the the vehicle failed its RWC ( think MOT for poms ). In addition the valvle clearances were a bit close on a couple of valves and out of spec on another couple.

For reliability I decided to replace the timing belt and pulleys with new seals and replace the water pump. Add new cam follower shims to get the valve clearances sorted. Replace the ribbed accessory belt and all of the idlers. I was going to rebuild the alternator but as the overrun pulley was a bit kanckered I opted for a reco alternator( see below ). I did read that the alternator was a difficult task. I found it pretty straightforward given the timing belt was being replaced and the engine mounts were off on the RHS anyway. I disconnected the exhaust in front of the cat which allowed the engine to be slid forwards enough to release the alternator without too much hassle. NB DISCONNECT BATTERY FIRST!

Finding parts in Oz proved to be a pain in the arse and costly too. The Fiat dealer I phoned told me cam follower shims were on back order and I’d have to wait for at least 6 weeks and they could not give me a price!

It took me quite some time to track down gear so I’ve included part numbers etc here hoping that they will save someone else some time. PLEASE check these out for yourself in case I’ve stuffed up with transcription or just plain got it wrong.

Most parts were ordered online or eBay from a range of places and everything turned up after a few days to a couple of weeks.

GM use the Fiat 1.9 engine in a range of other vehicles eg ASTRA ZAFIRA VECTRA SIGNUM. Vauxhall parts are MUCH cheaper than Fiat/Alpha parts in Oz.

I haven’t actually used the oil filters yet ( I bought 5 as they were so expensive in Oz ) - but they are correct dimesionally.

Part Part Number(s)
Oil Filter R2637P, AC-Delco AC0106, FSA EO23030, Sakura EO23030
Wesfil WCO70, OEM 93183412

Air Filter 55184249 opr 51830174

Ribbed V-Belt Bosch 6PK1390 Fiat 51758124

Overrun Alternator Pulley OAP 7032 ( * same as Astra )

Idler tensioner 39017 ( * same as Astra )
Idler Pulleys 36260 36261 ( * same as Astra )

Alternator from: Schmitz_Rotary on ebay ( v. fast delivery )

Vauxhall ASTRA ZAFIRA VECTRA SIGNUM CAM COVER GASKET -
Vaux-World 4 ALL UR VAUXHALL PARTS - on eBay

Cam shims aecar.co.uk ( v. fast delivery )

GATES TIMING BELT KIT ALFA ROMEO 147 156 1.9 JTD FIAT DOBLO MULTIPLA PUNTO STILO - OE_QUALITY_PARTS on eBay

water pump - wackie_racers - on ebay

lastly as no manual is readily available I purchased a FIAT CD on eBay - Fiat Punto 3° serie (2003-2007) manuale officina workshop manual - which has some usful info but ids a bit painful to drive.

I also found a refererence to the Alpha engine AR32302 which is pre common rail but has torque settings etc which are handy. Do a search on “1910cc jtd”.

Good luck
Dave

Back