Technical Fiat Punto 2003, Engine Coolant Failure

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Punto 2003, Engine Coolant Failure

The machine need an operator with a brain.

Anybody can read the code, but the full examiner can then ping various components to see what is wrong. Thats what you need.

Cheers

SPD

ah right, it is going in for the mot on sat so i might ask if they can check to see if the ecu is nakered at the same time, kill two birds with one stone.

will be nice if it isnt the ecu. i understand that they are expensive to replace. can the be repaired?

No, the fan turns on as soon as the car has been started and does not turn off at all at any point until after a few minutes after the car has been turned off. I was thinking last night, as the heat gauge doesnt work either, could the ecu think there is a major problem (e.g the car is overheating) and tell the fan to stay on constantly?

I don't know why I bother.:shrug:

Read post #4 again. :idea:

ha ha well what can i say, knew i couldnt have come up with that idea myself, lol.

anyone else got any suggestions

what do you mean deleted? i dont know what he did, he plugged it in, showed me what it said and then i dnno what he did

Has code been deleted?

Doubt it, see below. I guess that as the operator didn't fix the problem there was no point in deleting the code as it would pop straight back on again.

what do you mean deleted? i dont know what he did, he plugged it in, showed me what it said and then i dnno what he did

Codes register in the memory of the ECU. That memory can be deleted which is helpful if there are multiple codes, all caused by a single component failure.

Cheers

SPD

Back