General Fiat Punto 1.2 Special Edt. 'Stripes' New Orleans Blue

Currently reading:
General Fiat Punto 1.2 Special Edt. 'Stripes' New Orleans Blue

Stripes

Br00m!
Well, I thought I'd sign up as it'll be a week until my shiny new Fiat Punto arrives!

Just have a couple of questions if I may?

First of all, I'm only 17 and have yet to pass my test (It's next month, wont say when that's bad luck isn't it? :p) did I make a wise choice in the 1.2? I opted going for the 1.4 but to be honest it was another £300 on top of my already high insurance (I'm from UK).

Secondly, would this: http://www.knfilters.com/news/news.aspx?ID=474 - really make any significant difference?

Thirdly, has anyone used Blue & Me, I've got it included with the little special edt. I got, anyone else here own a car with this? Or even a stripes version?

Fourthly (LOL, I'll shut up now) - Someone show me a picture of the Key. I want to see what it looks like. :eek:

The 1.2 engines are ok, don't expect it to be quick though. (I had a 1.2 as a courtesy car). A lot of people on here have Blue&Me including me. Works really well, best feature is the usb port in the glovebox. Not got a pic of the key, its a flip one though. fiat badge on the one side.

As for the K&N it wont make a massive difference. It should give you a bit more bhp but were talking single figures here (says 3 bhp on that link). Will you feel any difference? NO! But it will alter the sound more than anything, it will change the inudction noise and make the overall sound more 'gutsy'. Personally I wouldn't bother but its a pretty cheap upgrade. Don't forget though, fitting one will void your warranty and more importantly insurance (unless its declared).

Last edited:
Sorry there not the best quality but here are a couple of pics of the Punto Key. Open and Closed. Its a pretty nice key.

Attachments

• DSC00040.JPG
    DSC00040.JPG
    220.4 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC00042.JPG
    DSC00042.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 68
The 1.2 engines are ok, don't expect it to be quick though. (I had a 1.2 as a courtesy car). A lot of people on here have Blue&Me including me. Works really well, best feature is the usb port in the glovebox. Not got a pic of the key, its a flip one though. fiat badge on the one side.

As for the K&N it wont make a massive difference. It should give you a bit more bhp but were talking single figures here (says 3 bhp on that link). Will you feel any difference? NO! But it will alter the sound more than anything, it will change the inudction noise and make the overall sound more 'gutsy'. Personally I wouldn't bother but its a pretty cheap upgrade. Don't forget though, fitting one will void your warranty and more importantly insurance (unless its declared).

Firstly its at the warranty managers discretion when it comes to engine mods and warranty issues. At the very worst it will invalidate the warranty on the intake system including the manifold and things like headgasket's too if they want to be arsey.

I heavily modified my Mk2b Sporting 1.4 16v with Induction kit(a proper one not K&N), remap supersprint strait through catless exhaust and reprofiled cams and the extra power broke the gear box and I still got it replaced under warranty with all the mods fitted :slayer:.

Secondly don't bother with the K&N there crap. Seriously when you install them using the recommended application you are lucky to gain any power at all and in some cases loose power!. However this can be overcome by some intelligence and some flexi silicone hose to relocate the filter in much cooler place in the engine bay :D.

ive got the stripes edition will be picking it up tomorrow cant wait because its my first car :)

well its ment to be my dads but i will be going on the insurance for it because i cant aford my own at the moment and then i dont have to drive round in a old banger of a corsa or so on.

Your gonna love it. I have the 1.4 16V Sporting (ok not the same car) and it is probably the most fun car I've had since I had the original Punto many years ago. My last car (a new shape Clio 1.4 Dynamique S) was very bland on comparison.

Hope you enjoy it mate.

Hi have just bought a stripe ltd edi in electro clash grey, I know its only a 1.2 but it looks good and drive just as good as the 1.4 active sport i just swapped it for.

And this morning i got a free fiat usb flash drive through the post its only a 256mb but hey its free cheers Fiat :slayer: :worship:

dw man i have a 1.2 and it rely aint bad in the slightist! it woops ALL cars my m8s have (trying 2 show off in there 1.4's and such) i used to have a 1.2 16v clio and the 1.2 8v is way quicker, i meen ye duh the punto 1.4 sport WILL be a bit quicker but belive me its a dam fine little engin!

Last edited:
dw man i have a 1.2 and it rely aint bad in the slightist! it woops ALL cars my m8s have (trying 2 show off in there 1.4's and such) i used to have a 1.2 16v clio and the 1.2 8v is way quicker, i meen ye duh the punto 1.4 sport WILL be a bit quicker but belive me its a dam fine little engin!

Im sorry but nearly every 1.4 engined car with >80bhp on the road would run rings round the 1.2 GP.

Im sorry but nearly every 1.4 engined car with >80bhp on the road would run rings round the 1.2 GP.

i dident say i could or might be able to woop my m8s 1.4s, i HAVE

all im saying is that the 1.2 8v is a wiked little engin :p and its a amazing 1st car!

Last edited:
a very nice first car for you :)
but please dont drive it like the T**t that cut me up in preston this morning. If you got the strips etc you are already going to stand out so dont let it be for the wrong reasons.

Back