IMG_5910.jpg

Panda Fiat Panda Alessi

Introduction

Hello everyone!

I thought I'd use this post to introduce myself. I've been looking for a Panda Alessi for about two years now (after getting myself a base spec Panda and really enjoying it).

So finally, I was able to get my self this little beauty. 19k miles on the clock, three owners, great shape.

I've cleaned it up somewhat, gave it a machine polish and some synthetic sealant. I've got a rear window washer to replace and some new number plates in order. I'm trying to keep it as original as possible.

Can't wait to take her out in the sunshine!

I've also included some pics of my other Panda that I've modified somewhat - just for fun.

edit- I should add that I do have the dust caps for the wheels - I've removed them for cleaning in some of the pictures. I'm also looking into having some spares 3D printed for when I inevitably lose one.
That’s a good idea. I’ve been to a few window tint places for quotes, but no one ever gets back to me.

It’s a yellow tint, with a body colour surround. I’ll maybe try and make something - you can pick up standard windows for not much on eBay. See if I can make a few practice attempts.

To solve the fading orange, you could replace the rear 1/4 windows with the dark tinted 100HP items. Or just get some clear wrap film printed to match the body paint so you could peel it off and apply a new one as it fades.
The orange on the rear quarter windows is just vinyl. A few years ago, I spent a happy afternoon peeling mine off, to reveal standard black surrounded windows. Only someone who'd seen another Alessi would know.
The 'Alessi' word on the lower bodykit I think should be orange also, but has turned a pinkish red, less noticeable though, as it is low down.

The orange on the rear quarter windows is just vinyl. A few years ago, I spent a happy afternoon peeling mine off, to reveal standard black surrounded windows. Only someone who'd seen another Alessi would know.
The 'Alessi' word on the lower bodykit I think should be orange also, but has turned a pinkish red, less noticeable though, as it is low down.
Yeah, but I don’t want a normal window there. The yellow tint makes the interior really unique.

Looking at promo pics, the “Alessi” tag on the lower body is always an “off red” type colour.

I’m still looking to see if anyone can produce a window tint of similar colour

If you can find a local print shop or signwriters, you can probably get the vinyl surround cut and overlay the original, there must be a reasonable RAL colour match like Signal Orange.

That way you'd retain your yellow tint, and the colour fastness of exterior grade vinyl is much better now

If you can find a local print shop or signwriters, you can probably get the vinyl surround cut and overlay the original, there must be a reasonable RAL colour match like Signal Orange.

That way you'd retain your yellow tint, and the colour fastness of exterior grade vinyl is much better now
I’ll need to remove it completely, layer a yellow tint on and then layer the colour on top.

I have vinyl which is the correct colour, but simply laying it on top of the current window surround leaves lots of bubbles ☹️

I went to a sign writer and got everything measured up, he never got back to me with a price. I don’t think anyone wants the work so I’ll need to sort something out myself unfortunately

I did similar for the 159Ti ally sill trims and badges where the paint would come off or fade over time, albeit much smaller bits.

Think I paid about £7 for 2 A4 sheets of vinyl, granted a lot of the actual vinyl was wasted.

I've never been great at applying vinyl, I wrecked 2 printed number plate vinyls on my old 159, a good trick is to use soapy water and a squeegy.

I was never that prepared.

To solve the fading orange, you could replace the rear 1/4 windows with the dark tinted 100HP items. Or just get some clear wrap film printed to match the body paint so you could peel it off and apply a new one as it fades.
Hi/ So very new to the forum. I too have an orange Alessi Panda, also with peeling lacquer which is about to be resprayed. Some idiot has stolen the small tyre caps but I still have the actual Alessi White Hub caps. Did you ever manage to get some 3D printed I have not even got one to copy. I love this little car. Wondered how many are left.

Hello! Nice to meet you. I didn’t 3D print them in the end. I got some white plastic and cut it to shape. I then cut a black decal in the shape of the Alessi man. It came out surprisingly well. If your interested I can tell you exactly what I used.

Are you in the midlands by any chance?

Also, it’s unlikely someone stole them, but more likely someone fitted new tires with longer valves - and the valves pushed of the covers. That’s what happened to mine ☹️

Hello! Nice to meet you. I didn’t 3D print them in the end. I got some white plastic and cut it to shape. I then cut a black decal in the shape of the Alessi man. It came out surprisingly well. If your interested I can tell you exactly what I used.

Are you in the midlands by any chance?

Also, it’s unlikely someone stole them, but more likely someone fitted new tires with longer valves - and the valves pushed of the covers. That’s what happened to mine ☹️
Hi. Nice to have a fellow enthusiast. I am in the Midlands s

Did you ever get the little men dustcaps 3d reprinted ,, my daughter has one and we have can't find replacement dustcaps

Back