Technical Fiat Panda 4x4 system, "How does it work" ?

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Panda 4x4 system, "How does it work" ?

It should work in reverse too. The Cross didn’t use a viscous coupling...
You have posted in the 2012-onwards forum: the 2006 Cross was slightly different in the way it worked than the newer model - but basically the same.

It does use a viscous coupling located in front of the diferential. Sorry about misposting in a 2012 thread.

I tested in reverse and doesent budge altough forward works like a charm and differential is brand new installed. Would be lovely if someone tested it out

I still fiind it curious how this Forum seems to get people commenting on posts that are five years old, quite out of the blue! (That comment from gar074 was made in 2017)

Well, not quite out of the blue, I searched for some info about how the 4x4 system works, I’ve had mine a while now but have a vibration just under 50mph, and was wondering if the 4x4 kicks in at that speed… anyway I just commented, dates are irrelevant when you are coming fresh, I guess you read post you are interested in like the news where as some of us are reading archives as we are new. Like good music, it helps to keep the oldies relevant ?

Well, not quite out of the blue, I searched for some info about how the 4x4 system works, I’ve had mine a while now but have a vibration just under 50mph, and was wondering if the 4x4 kicks in at that speed… anyway I just commented, dates are irrelevant when you are coming fresh, I guess you read post you are interested in like the news where as some of us are reading archives as we are new. Like good music, it helps to keep the oldies relevant ?
As you’ll have read, the 4x4 can operate at any speed but is unlikely to be operational at 50mph. However, even if driving in 2WD, the propshaft to the rear is always rotating. A possible cause of vibration at that speed could be the propshaft support bearing’s rubber support ‘doughnut’ breaking up - something they’re prone too. Search propshaft support bearing for a couple of recent posts on this. [edit - in fact, the most recent is in the ‘similar posts’ at the bottom of this page. ]

Back