General FIAT Newbie from US

Currently reading:
General FIAT Newbie from US

ryan1428

Hi,

Will be moving to Turkey in a few months. I was stationed there for a few years. Im a car guy but unfamiliar with European cars. Since cars are expensive and space is limited, was thinking of a micro car. I saw the episode on Wheeler Dealers about the 126. Thought this might be a cheap little toy. Never heard of the 126 till the show. Love the 500 but looks like they only have the new models in Turkey and are really expensive. While searching for 126s online in Turkey....looks like they only sell the 1990 and 1991 bis models. Not sure why. The import taxes might make it cost prohibitive to get one from out side of Turkey. Are these the less desirable years and model? Would love to do an engine swap later on.....but that is another topic later down the road. Just don't want to pick a model that I can not modify later on.

Hi Ryan if your new to the world of 126's then I'ld try and find a 650 air cooled one. There's loads in the neighbouring countries like Poland or Latvia. Although the BISnes are more powerful (just :D) and have a tail gate they are more unreliable as they have a tendency to blow head gaskets due to there poor design and in the hot climates of Turkey it might take its toll. There are ways to make them better - I've only just sorted mine after 6 long months of modification lol

Thanks Gadge. There are a lot fewer 650s for sale but think I can find one. Is there a "first things to do" thread?

Back