Technical Fiat Multipla 2007 error code p2017

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Multipla 2007 error code p2017

Boi73

Morning all

ok I have a Fiat Multipla 1.9jtd 2007
Car is running like a dog, and the guy who sorts my cars has said that its showing an error code of p2017
On google it states that this is an issue with the "Throttle Control Module Processor"
Anyone had a similar issue? Expensive to sort? Best place to source a replacement part?
Thanks in advance for any info

Best wishes

Read this forum a lot and do not remember this coming up as an issue. Can you let us know how you get on, if you get a chance.
Wiring and plugs rather than control boards tend to be faults on most things in my experience ... so hopefully something simple.
Lots of fiat use JTD engine to should be common.

P2017 - Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit High (Bank 1)

after some research - similar problem in JTD:

probably everything is to blame for carbon deposits in the manifold from the EGR valve

EGR valves routinely blocked off on older jtd engines with no issues. Yours is a multijet. Can also just Google search fault outside of forum.

Lo
K so when pulling away, no real power but when it does pick up drives fairly normal
Tho black smoke coming from rear

P2017 - Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit High (Bank 1)

after some research - similar problem in JTD:

probably everything is to blame for carbon deposits in the manifold from the EGR valve
I wouldn't trust that site. It shows the same definition for whatever code you put into it.

It even suggests you check the spark plug gap. ( On a diesel ? )

EGR valves routinely blocked off on older jtd engines with no issues. Yours is a multijet. Can also just Google search fault outside of forum.

It has been googled (as stated in my original post)
I'm here, on a Fiat owners forum asking if any other ppl have had any experienced the same issue with their Multipla

It has been googled (as stated in my original post)
I'm here, on a Fiat owners forum asking if any other ppl have had any experienced the same issue with their Multipla
Hi,
we are a friendly helpful lot here.
The engine in your multipla was used in a lot of different fiat models which explains why people with experience other than multipla trying to help.
It appears you are the first person to have code p2017 ever on this forum.
If you wish check the code you posted is definitely the code read by your guys machine and post back on here.
I have a multipla with the earlier jtd engine.
The symptoms you have can be caused by a few things. I can make suggestions for your guy to check if you think that would help?
Regards
Jack

Thanks much appreciated
i have had a slight brain fart tho, the code is 2107, not 2017

Thanks much appreciated
i have had a slight brain fart tho, the code is 2107, not 2017
P2107 is for a fault with "throttle body" sounds strange because your engine is a diesel but it does have one.
It functions to stop the engine running on when key turned to off position.
My guess is on your multipla the valve is stuck shut or partially shut reducing the air flow into engine.possibly requires new part.

Back