Technical Fiat Marea 1.9 JTD problem starting the car

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Marea 1.9 JTD problem starting the car

notna

Can anybody help with this one please?

I have a Fiat Marea 1.9 JTD 2001 with i think Meta M870 unit installed. A few weeks ago I had problems starting the car (motor cranked but won't start), so I locked/unlocked the car and the car started . After that it happened again so i turned of the alarm with the key that was provided by Meta system unplugged the battery and waited i few minutes and then car started normally but now i don't have the central locking of the door (not big deal). After that the problem returned. The car shut down while driving and now it won't start and the diesel pump won't prime. If i connect from the relay of the pump direct with wires to the pump the car starts. On the connector of the unit under the hood one of the pin is a little black, as is something had burned. Is it possible to by pass the alarm.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with this system, can anybody help with this please?
Thanks in advance

Can anybody help with this one please?

I have a Fiat Marea 1.9 JTD 2001 with i think Meta M870 unit installed. A few weeks ago I had problems starting the car (motor cranked but won't start), so I locked/unlocked the car and the car started . After that it happened again so i turned of the alarm with the key that was provided by Meta system unplugged the battery and waited i few minutes and then car started normally but now i don't have the central locking of the door (not big deal). After that the problem returned. The car shut down while driving and now it won't start and the diesel pump won't prime. If i connect from the relay of the pump direct with wires to the pump the car starts. On the connector of the unit under the hood one of the pin is a little black, as is something had burned. Is it possible to by pass the alarm.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with this system, can anybody help with this please?
Thanks in advance
Don't know about this particular system, not a great fan of aftermarket alarm/immobiliser systems as they are usually not to the originally quality of Fiat etc. and tend to cause problems with lots of different makes.
If it was me I would see if it is possible to repair where you have seen the burnt wire, but failing that all you can do is try and follow the alarm wiring back to where it joins the original Fiat wiring and remove from the car, just make sure you get the correct wires and do it safely so no fires!!!;)

Back