Technical Fiat Idea 1.4 Cambelt due?

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Idea 1.4 Cambelt due?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help...

My dad has a Idea 1.4 Auto, 55 plate with 28K'ish on the clock, he says that he has looked through the manual but can not find out when the Cambelt should be changed, does anyone know?

Thanks for the input folks :)

Have told my dad to start calling round for prices - hope he can get it for a bit less then the £495 that someone posted up the other day.

My 2005 1.4 Auto has started sounding very tappety and pinks under acceleration. I have just got it back from the Fiat guy who ran a diagnostic on it and says all is well but I know the engine sounds far rougher than it ever did. It has 24k miles.

Daft question - is the cambelt the same as the timing belt?

The plugs got changed 18 months ago and have done 12K miles. Would it be a good idea to change those as well?

I am in Spain where obviously it's far hotter year round. Do you think this may cause the belt to deteriorate faster then the UK? FWIW the diagnostic cost just €22.72

Yes, Timing Belt and Cambelt are the same things.

I have not found my Stilo Service manual that has pages for all Fiat models at the time (2006) for the Idea it says the Timing Belt should be replaced every 72k or 5 years, but they recommend every 3 years for hot or cold climates.

I guess I better get it done then. It's one of those days where I realise that I need to spend loadsa dosh on my cars. My Smart Cabrio is in the garage for its aircon dye test. It could do with a battery too and new tyres. The Fiat needs new tyres too and the alignment setting as it chews tyres.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the input folks :)

Have told my dad to start calling round for prices - hope he can get it for a bit less then the £495 that someone posted up the other day.

try motormech in Birmingham might have a long wait to get in as they are top place and very busy, but a fair price and have the right tools for the job

http://www.motor-mech.co.uk/

You could also try McEwans in Derby, not too far from Tamworth, cost me about £200 a year ago.
Arranged to drop off early morning, walked into town, he rang to tell me at lunch time it was ready for collection.
http://www.mcewansgarage.co.uk/ not affiliated just a satisfied customer.

Last edited:
Back