Fiat Forum Rally 2004?

Currently reading:
Fiat Forum Rally 2004?

yeah i reckon we should have a mini one that would be fun:D

I have a bling* bling* shiny blue thing
bravosig.jpg

Well i rekon we could get a fairly good one up and running by August? Dates please? And we still need a f*cking route!

Honda CRX '93 DelSol Alpine/JBL ICE | Fox Racing Alloys | Momo Race Steering Wheel | Momo Competitizione Gearknob | Cobra Cat1 Vote MzBond007!

That bank holiday seems quite promising!

I am going off to Eire the following week [4th September on]. The car will be due its first service around then anyway, so if this does come off, then I would make sure I would have it serviced late August.

So, a route - it really needs to encompass varying roads. Maybe we can push it across into Welsh/English border. Plus we will need some objectives! I have no idea, having never done a rally [V].

Is it just a question of leaving somewhere at a time, and being somewhere else at a set time, or not? It would be fun to have a list of items to pick up on route, which means you are not doing just A-B each day in a straight line i.e. you must get a valid carpark ticket from the Bullring in Birmingham, say!

New Fiat Ulysse 2.2JTD Eleganza, with options :D

Who actually on here has done a rally before? Or at least understands the logistics of one.

Getting the individual points/places shouldn't be too hard, especially if we are keeping away from the extremes of the country. It is the accommodation, etc, that needs to be checked out, plus the objectives, timings, etc.

Hmmm, very good point! But then again, the traffic may make it more interesting, means you got to go off the beaten track more.

Accommodation more of a concern, unless we start looking at B&Bs now, or campsites.

Anyway, off to Pub - back at 2 :p

Sounds good this, I reckon I'd be up for it! A couple of things though:
1. Stickers should be for rear side windows, so as not to mark anyones paint!
2. No numbers as already mention, I think it is actually illegal to drive around with a race number on.
3 Camping sounds good, however we'd need to research this carefully as many sites are reluctant to allow such groups.

Stilo TURBO!!!!(diesel)

Comments to James:
1. Totally agree, indiscrete stickers that don't stain.
2. No numbers, agreed, plus the insurance aspect! Forget any publicity.
3. If camping, then let each team book it individually; if any deposits are lost, up to each team member to fork out, not an organiser.

Sammi - I reckon you need a minimum of 2 or 3 per car; we really need to find out who is interested. However, it makes no difference if this year is just a trial run, as such. Even a handful of cars, it will still be fun, and allow us to expand on it next year :)

stuart yes i do agree with you, think this is a great idea but i would need to buy a tent though as i am somewhat a novice at this camping lark.
i think also i would be better if we did book as smaller teams ant then we aren't relying on everyone to turn up at a site, giving people a bit more freedom. i reckon three to a car at the most IMO.

also would we be starting around the midlands area, or somewhere else, er poss to early to tell i suppose.

I think this would be fun:)

bravosig.jpg

Tent, n'ah, sleep under the stars :)

So, do all entrants need to do a GAY TEST again, just in case!!!

I agree with the freedom aspect, there is bound to be drop-outs and such like.

3 to a car? Hmmm, maybe 4, depends on who has all the beer :)

Midlands area, yeah I reckon so for a first go - I think we need to try and do this as a feeler, test run, etc. The number of cars is irrelevant, but the experience gained will be immense.

No tent.....i might get wet:(

lol looks like it may end up just being your car stu...with a couple of passangers lol:D

i may just opt to stay in a luxury 5* hotel with room service, lol yeah right, more like a cardboard box and a packet of crisps :(

bravosig.jpg

Back