Technical Fiat Fiorino MK2 Engine issues. HEEEELLLPPP!

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Fiorino MK2 Engine issues. HEEEELLLPPP!

Hi All...here's hoping someone can help?

I have a 1.4l petrol 1999 Fiat Fiorino van and it has an engine fault that is driving me (and several mechanics) mad. I can start the van from cold and set off to anywhere without any problems, and have done trips to London (about 200 miles from home) without issue. However....if at any point I stop the engine or have to sit in traffic, the injector warning light comes on and the engine suffers the symptoms of fuel starvation...cutting out, suddenly losing revs/overrevving etc.

The fuel system has been checked and no issues have been found, even though the fuel pump was changed, the lines cleaned, filters swapped etc. Anyone else had a similar issue?

I'm guessing heat is affecting the fuel somehow but am only guessing....any ideas?

Welcome at Fiat Forum!

I'm not to familar with the Fiorino petrol engine, but I suspect a malfunctioning sensor somewhere.
Is it fuel injected already, if so, have the ECU read for stored faults.
Symptons point in the direction of a bad cranckshaft sensor......
Also, does it have an O2 sensor?
Change it every ~65.000mls.

Steppermotor controls idle:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stepper-M...r+Make:Fiat|Cars+Type:1.4&hash=item1e82b0382d

$_12.JPG

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back