Technical Fiat Examiner, How to reset FAP Aditive low

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Examiner, How to reset FAP Aditive low

key

Hi, firstly I apologise if the answer to this question is allready on this site but trust me, I have been looking for months on how to do this for my vehicle.

I have an 04 Ulysse 2.2JTD which is def the latest model that takes EOLYS 176 "Green top" and since I bought the vehicle over 6 months ago it has had the dreaded "Fuel addite level low" message on the dash.

Just last week I purchased 3 Litres of Eolys for just over 60 pound and proceded to fill the tank myself only to find the tank was allready full to the brim. Obviously the system couldn't have been injecting the Eolys as I had been running it for over 6 months and it was still completely full.

I then decided to take the car to my local Fiat dealer to try and have the system reset. They said that they had successfully regenerated the system and all would be fine but low and behold when I started the vehicle up again the "Additive low message was still there".:mad:

They said that they had had this before on various vehicles and that I would need either a new additive tank or a new ECU and that there WAS DEFFINETLY a float time device in the tank that let the ECU know what the level of fluid was.

The guys in the work shop were very helpful and even took me into the service area to show me around but I think they just honestly don't know about this vehicle and according to various posts I have found around the forums, They have to enter the amount of fluid that is in the system on the examiner and reset the fault as there is know physical fluid level sensor in the tank.

Is there anybody out there who has experience of the examiner or the procedure on the latest Ulysse that could tell me this information as I am sure the guys at Clemo Cleckheaton would like to know how to clear this fault and I know I sure would....

Cheers

Key

Our 03 has just done 70,000 miles and had FAB fluid topped up last service. However we got the dreaded fluid low warning but our local Fiat dealer reset the computer for £30 and it's been fine since.
Take care because the first Fiat dealer I asked about having the ECU set quoted over £120 claiming the fluid had to be drained and measured then refilled and then the computer set. teh second dealer just reset it without hassle.

Pat the first garage was correct (but it does not need drained) however if a reset worked then fine but I suspect the ECU does not know the true amount of fluid in the resevoir (did you not top it up yourself...I seem to remember we talked about this while back?)

Thanks for getting back guys, I am going to pop back into the dealer some time this week and ask them to have another go. It would be nice to know the exact Examiner procedure so I can quickly convince them that I know what I'm talking about. Various posts have said it is hidden away somewhere.
I'm presuming that if the system thinks the tank is empty then it won't attempt to inject the additive as it may cause the injectors to fail. So resetting the amount of additive in the tank is my first port of call i think.
I don't suppose you know if this can be reset using a laptop and OBDII lead?

I had a nightmare with this issue! (52 reg, 2.2JTD)

initially I had the error and my local Peugeot garage advised me to ignore it. (there is no fiat garage near me) so i did. For months and months. Eventually, last summer, the car went into limp mode (luckily just after I'd returned from a trip to italy and back). So I took it to the dealer in Gloucester who clearly had no idea what to do, as I ended going in and out several times. Eventually they insisted it was the fuel additive pump itself, and replaced it. Total cost for this little exercise £1600. I'm still not convinced the pump was faulty but how can you ever know!?

Be warned!

Oh and the garage valued it whilst I was there on one of my many visits.. part-ex value £1500!
I am now resigned to the fact that I will keep my car and drive it into the ground.

Thanks for getting back guys, I am going to pop back into the dealer some time this week and ask them to have another go. It would be nice to know the exact Examiner procedure so I can quickly convince them that I know what I'm talking about. Various posts have said it is hidden away somewhere.
I'm presuming that if the system thinks the tank is empty then it won't attempt to inject the additive as it may cause the injectors to fail. So resetting the amount of additive in the tank is my first port of call i think.
I don't suppose you know if this can be reset using a laptop and OBDII lead?

Had this problem in our workshop mate if they have not updated there examiner it will not work we had to take vehicles down to the peugeot dealers untill we got the update for examiner. Peug dealers get updates for these before the fiat garages. saying that it has been out for a while now. P.s will only reset additive quantity with examiner if there are no errors in systems doing a forced regen will not put in corret level it has to be added as a weight and not quantity.

Pat the first garage was correct (but it does not need drained) however if a reset worked then fine but I suspect the ECU does not know the true amount of fluid in the resevoir (did you not top it up yourself...I seem to remember we talked about this while back?)

We finally just got it rest half hours labour.
It's possible the ECU is now out of sync with the actual FAP level but as that won't be an issue till the car has 150,000 miles on the clock I'll cross that bridge then.

Back