Technical Fiat Ducato Brake Pipe Clip Recall

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Ducato Brake Pipe Clip Recall

rayc

Established member
I have received a recall notice for my 2017 Ducato for inspection of "the brake line retaining clip may not be fixed correctly to the tucker on the dashboard wall due to a production non-conformity".

Has any one any details as no local Fiat Professional Retailer on the list supplied with the recall can undertake the 0.5H inspection for some period of time and I wish to satisfy myself that there is no risk in the interim.

I see it has finally reached the DVSA recall details (it has been a Fiat campaign for some months, but not DVSA. I picked the requirement up by VIN number on the MyDucato site, and it is now done).

I don't have the detail, (so caveat emptor) but AIUI the issue is to do with the two brake pipe runs as they leave the master cylinder. They are routed closely together through a couple of double clips on the bulkhead, and if these clips are missing/not secured, etc. then the pipes can chafe.

It is fairly easy to see and check, the half hour allowance must be 2 minutes grease-monkey and 28 minutes paperwork. If there is an issue, then it means a photo is sent to Fiat, and a return journey with a longer appointment to change parts.

Mine was OK.

Mine went in today 20 mins and a cup of coffee later I was told it was OK . The mechanic told me that it was two brake pipes rubbing together and if needed they would have to be ordered as not kept in stock.

Back