General Ducato clutch pipe

Currently reading:
General Ducato clutch pipe

IOM

Good afternoon
I have a Ducato 2ltr JTD 2003 based motorhome with a rusted clutch pipe and am struggling to find a replacement , I have tried the local dealer with no success , Motorworld couldn’t source one and I have trawled the internet , the part number as far as I know is 1335259080 does anyone know a dealer or supplier who may be able to help , my last resort will be to splice in a piece of new pipe but I would prefer a full pipe replacement
Many thanks in advance

Good afternoon
I have a Ducato 2ltr JTD 2003 based motorhome with a rusted clutch pipe and am struggling to find a replacement , I have tried the local dealer with no success , Motorworld couldn’t source one and I have trawled the internet , the part number as far as I know is 1335259080 does anyone know a dealer or supplier who may be able to help , my last resort will be to splice in a piece of new pipe but I would prefer a full pipe replacement
Many thanks in advance
If there is sufficient metal pipe after the flexy bit I would be tempted to use use a flaring tool and a section of 1/4inch kunifer brake pipe with a joiner at the flexy end and maybe the original union at the master cylinder.
I assume this is the bit you are trying to replace no. 6?
1705246840069.png

Many thanks for your reply , yes it is no 6 and there is enough pipe and I’m sure I will have to splice a new piece in but I was hoping to replace the complete pipe

A 2003 2.0jtd Ducato will be an x244 model. I do not think that the engine size is important, so the same part may also be used on 2.3jtd, and 2.8jtd engined vehicles. Certainly the illustration seems to match the parts on my x244 2,8jtd.
In principle I see no problem with @bugsymike 's suggestion to splice in a new section of copper/nickel alloy pipe. However may I presume to correct the pipe size, which I think should be 4mm or 3/16". This size and composition of pipe can be bent with your fingers. Splicing in does involve the use of a flaring tool. If purchased the tool could prove to be useful, When sections of brake pipe need replacing.

If splicing in, you would need as a minimum a male and female pair of fittings for each splice. The union at the master cylinder could be reused if in good condition.

What concerns me is the possible future need to replace the rubber hose, with the special bleed fitting.

A 2003 2.0jtd Ducato will be an x244 model. I do not think that the engine size is important, so the same part may also be used on 2.3jtd, and 2.8jtd engined vehicles. Certainly the illustration seems to represent the parts on my x244 2,8jtd.
In principle I see no problem with @bugsymike 's suggestion to splice in a new section of copper/nickel alloy pipe. However may I presume to correct the pipe size which I think should be 4mm or 3/16". This size and composition of pipe can be bent with your fingers. Splicing in does involve the use of a flaring tool. If purchased the tool could prove to be useful, if sections of brake pipe need replacing.

If splicing in you would need as a minimum a male and female pair of fittings for each splice. The union at the master cylinder could be reused if in good condition.

What concerns me is the possible future need to replace the rubber hose, with the special bleed fitting.
Sorry I was only guessing that it would be larger than the usual 3/16ths brake pipe being a clutch pipe possibly with a larger flow, more like the 1/4 inch brake pipe that I had to make up a set of pipes for an old vintage commercial (1947 Karrier Bantam) I used to own.
Probably a good idea to measure pipe size exactly.
I had/have a Sykes Pickavant brake pipe flaring tool that did the larger sizes also.
I always use the Kunifer (copper/nickel) brake pipe as cheap copper brake pipe not so good, it seems to work harden, also I have come across old copper brake pipes that as you go to undo a union to fit a wheel cylinder turns at the union and wants to break off being a softer metal.
Just a thought, are the master and the slave plastic type fittings , I can't tell from the pic. and assumed it was a metal brake nut type on one end?
I also agree with @Communicator re any future issues with the flexible/rubber section, hopefully the correct original will become available.:)

Back