General Fiat Ducato 2.8 automatic 2003 part no 59232003

Currently reading:
General Fiat Ducato 2.8 automatic 2003 part no 59232003

agwindsor

Hi there - I'd like to know where I could buy a second-hand gear selector control unit ( 59232003) for my Ducato / hymer campervan. They are not available to buy new. Any help would be gratefully received.
Many thanks
Adrian

Hi there - I'd like to know where I could buy a second-hand gear selector control unit ( 59232003) for my Ducato / hymer campervan. They are not available to buy new. Any help would be gratefully received.
Many thanks
Adrian

O dear , i'm afraid you may well struggle to find this one anywhere . This part number suggests it belongs to the Alfa / Lancia stable , and as such , i suspect may be very difficult to source . Basically your looking at breakers yard at best , and that maybe a long shot .
I fear you may well be forced to think outside the box with this one , and by that , i mean look at overhauling the original part . Any part that has been assembled can be disassembled again , and with that can be repaired , but care must be taken . However you should also be aware that you maybe forced to replace it , with a similar part . I have repaired a few parts on my own van (year 2000) , however i have been forced to source one part from a breaker , in Europe . But , and i do mean but , it took me 3 years to locate . Being a left hooker didn't help matters . It was just lucky the original still functioned .

You don't mention what the problem with yours is , but perhaps a more over ridding question would be , what is your skill set is ?

Back