Technical Fiat Ducato 2.3 Multijet 130 (2007) Reverse not working after clutch replacement

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Ducato 2.3 Multijet 130 (2007) Reverse not working after clutch replacement

Habedi

Hello!

One month ago my Fiat Ducato's clutch pedal went completely limp, after which I took it to a garage. The work cylinder was busted, but I also asked them to change the clutch assembly and the main cylinder while they're at it.

I went on a road trip and started immediately having issues with reverse, first and fifth gear.

Reverse started grinding, not getting engaged, and now it no longer engages at all. It used to stay on if car was started with reverse on, but even that no longer works.

First gear doesn't get engage well if the engine is warm, but doesn't cause too much trouble.
Fifth gear always feels "sticky" after driving for a while.

I'm currently taking a ship back home and wondering what to do with the car. I took it to three different garages in Sweden, but no one has time to investigate.

I've been in communication with the Finnish mechanic who replaced my clutch, and he thinks my gearbox is failing. New one can only be ordered from from abroad and costs 3500€ + work. He pretty much said that Finland is out of stock of spareparts for my gear box.

Do you have any similar experiences? Do I really need to replace the entire gearbox? Could this be clutch issue, related to the replacement?

Thanks for any advice,
Ihan ensimmäiseksi kannatta tarkistaa ne "banjoliittimet" jolla vaihdevaijerit on kiinni laatikossa. Ne on kohtuudella nähtävissä jopa ilman tunkkia mutta aina parempi jos nostaa etupäätä niin sopii alle. t. Matti

Moro Ville, ikävä ongelma ja ikävä ajaa. Onko se laatikko 5- vai 6-vaihteinen? Vilkaisin "varaosahakua" ja käytettyjä laatikoita on saatavilla sieltäkin.
Myöskin ebay.de:ssä on laatikoita mutta toimitusaika on sieltä pitempi.

t. Matti
Moi, 6-vaihteinen laatikko. Kiitoksia linkistä, en ole tuota sivua vielä ennen löytänyt.

Hey, just to give an update on the situation to close this thread.

I took the car to yet another garage and they found that the newly replaced cylinder near the clutch pedal was leaking due to an improper installation and one of the cables leading from the gear shift to the transmission was broken.

Back