Technical Fiat doblo Mk 2 cold starting issue

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat doblo Mk 2 cold starting issue

Paul71

Hi All , not long ago purchased a 65 plate doblo mk2 cargo van, have had problems starting in cold weather , turns over for ages sometimes, l have replaced the battery and glow plugs l have done a resistance test on and all seem ok, it will start every time but it can take 30-40 seconds or more ,once started she will fire first turn of the key for the rest of the day, leave overnight and back to turning over for 30 plus seconds, anyone have any ideas?

Plenty on here regarding Fiat diesels that don’t like starting first time then fine for rest of day, I myself currently have the same problem with my 1.9 Multijet Sedici! If glow plugs are doing there job then it’s cranking speed and fuel rail pressures when cranking. That’ll give you somewhere to start!

Hi All , not long ago purchased a 65 plate doblo mk2 cargo van, have had problems starting in cold weather , turns over for ages sometimes, l have replaced the battery and glow plugs l have done a resistance test on and all seem ok, it will start every time but it can take 30-40 seconds or more ,once started she will fire first turn of the key for the rest of the day, leave overnight and back to turning over for 30 plus seconds, anyone have any ideas?

Getting reliable voltage to the plugs?

Getting reliable voltage to the plugs

Hi, how do l check the voltage to the plugs, sorry not very mechanically minded l'm afraid, l did forget to mention that when it struggles to start on cold mornings it will flag up with check diesel filter, l changed it about 6 months ago, once it starts, it's absolutely fine.

Hi, how do l check the voltage to the plugs, sorry not very mechanically minded l'm afraid, l did forget to mention that when it struggles to start on cold mornings it will flag up with check diesel filter, l changed it about 6 months ago, once it starts, it's absolutely fine.
Hi

Often on modern diesels the "watering fuel filter". Warning is from the same sensor as the fuel temperature reading

Glow plug power:

I set up a basic multimeter..

Negative at the battery clamp
Positive at the plug lead.
And the meter sat high on motor, so I could see the reading from the drivers seat 😉

Obviously the power only runs for 5 to 10seconds.. So you want it visible

Hi

Often on modern diesels the "watering fuel filter". Warning is from the same sensor as the fuel temperature reading

Glow plug power:

I set up a basic multimeter..

Negative at the battery clamp
Positive at the plug lead.
And the meter sat high on motor, so I could see the reading from the drivers seat 😉

Obviously the power only runs for 5 to 10seconds.. So you want it visible
Cheers mate, l will try that.😊

Back