Technical Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

thekiid

Hi people, need some info.

Just bought a fiat coupe 20v Turbo as my Bravo HGT died but with Honour.
Is it me or is the turbo ment to cut in at about 2500 revs.

Also seems like the turbo takes ages to cut in when in higher gears like 4th and 5th.

any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
thekiid

Thanks for the advise, this is my first car with a turbo, not sure what to expect.

The Car is extreamly Rapid, very smooth, Miss my bravo HGT, but a nice car to starting making new memories with.

I wish i had deep pockets,
but ive also wanted a coupe 20VT for a long time so i think its worth it.

Yesterday i Tried to floor the pedal and its like the turbo didnt respond when i floor it, but if i push the pedal down roughly half way, it kicks in like a mad man.
Any sugesstions.

Last edited:
OK i understand,
But when i floor the pedal, its like the car is jerking and doesnt respond,
Am i not supposed to floor the accelarator pedal of this monster of a car.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a fueling problem. Get it hooked up to a diagnostic ASAP.

Andy.:)

Im hoping its an Air leak.
My petrol cap is broken and im using a budget one from halfords. i Hope this is the problem

Had to order a petrol cap from the dealership. Takes 5-7 days to arrive.
£117. Couldnt believe it.(LOL)

Don't go direct to Fiat unless you have to, you'll be royally raped.

Carlt on the Coupe forum (www.fccuk.org/forum) is a good place to start for parts - he is where a large number of Coupes go to die (especially speed red ones).

Don't know where in London you are, but don't go to Fiat to sort your turbo problem, try either Rog @ Powerfiat in Basildon or Barbz at Torque Italia in South Norwood.

Last edited:
More Problems 20VT

Driving along and pulled into a petrol Station as you do.
Put petrol in the car, got back in, turned the ignition and the car cut out along with the electrics

The red alarm light came on.
Now the car wont start. What the hell is going on.

The Hazard lights now just keep flashing. for God sake i need more help

Re: More Problems 20VT

Bad earth connector on the main negative terminal to the battery. Follow the thick black cable to where its connected to the body and see what the connector is like.

Ross

Bad earth connector on the main negative terminal to the battery. Follow the thick black cable to where its connected to the body and see what the connector is like.

Ross

Doesnt sound to bad, ill check it after work, u reckon its fixable on the roadside

Sorry, thats a POSSIBLE solution. Happened to me on all sorts of cars.

Its fixable.... clean with a flat head screwdriver and some WD40 if it looks as if there isnt a clean connetion. Other than that, need more info.

Ross

This is exactly what happened.
Its seems like a connection problem bcoz when the car initial cut out, i slammed the door and the electrics came back on.

But when i turn the key all the way it cuts out again.
after a while, the hazards start to flash, be aware the hazards are not turned on.

This car is possessed.

Back