General Fiat Bravo Questions

Currently reading:
General Fiat Bravo Questions

rgc610

Couple of Questions for my newly acquired car :)

Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet 150 bhp.

I have read that there is a common problem with the M32 gearbox, will my Bravo have the M32 gearbox fitted? (6 gears, reverse is in top left corner) If so, how do I go about preventing the problem? (I hear it is to do with the bearings)

Secondly, I am going to do a small service soon, oil change and replacing the air/oil filters. Are the filters relatively easy to change on the Bravo or can I expect a few tricky problems?

Are there any other quick, cheap and easy things I can change while changing the filters which will help maintain the car in good condition?

Thank you.

Further Questions:

I was looking on Europarts for the air/oil filters however I know they can affect the performance slightly and these parts look a bit to cheap?

I did look at the BMC air filter however £53 is out of my price range. Anyone recommend any good air/oil filters?

Also, I tried plugging an Ipod Touch into the USB port today to play some music, however the car didn't even recognise the ipod was plugged in? (Didn't charge and music played out of the ipod touch)

Any help would be appreciated.

I got a k&n filter fron ebay mate £35 and the stuff for the blow off valve cost about ,£18 in total

Thanks a lot both of you!

I heard bad reviews about a K&N filter? Heard BMC is much better.

I'll buy a Blue and Me adapter today thanks :)

Where abouts are the Oil/Air filters on the Bravo? Does the undertray need taking off?

Back