Styling Fiat badges...

Currently reading:
Styling Fiat badges...

StiloCZ

Just a few quick questions about the fiat badges on the car - is the rear Fiat badge glued on to the boot? Any tips on removing it? I know the front one is screwed to the grille but what about the one on the steering wheel. Is it also just glued on? Have any of you removed it/replaced it? And has someone even updated it to the newer red badges on their Stilo?

Also need advice on where to find 55mm wheel caps with the blue fiat logo that DON'T look sh**. I have been desperately looking all over the internet for a set of OEM looking 55mm wheel caps (I know Fiat only made 50mm wheel caps in blue for some of the earlier Puntos before switching to the red logos later) but have only come across extremely bad plastic knock offs that look horrendous.

55mm wheel caps with the red logo are quite common and cheap so I've been thinking about re-badging the whole car to the newer red badges (hence the question).

Thanks all,
Adam

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Those first ones are absolute trash. Bought them a while back and chucked them into the trash seconds after opening the box. No Stilo should ever have to endure such embarrassment....

Not sure about the second link, they look better but at £6 I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Thanks though!

Spotted these recenlty, but I think they're a fraction too large:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Fiat-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I've just bought these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Sil...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Haven't fitted them yet, so no idea if they'll be any good, but thought at £6 it was worth a try...

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Just a thought, but maybe try searching amazon for gel stickers?

I've been running around with theses on
[ame="https://www.amazon.co.uk/SkinoTM-Centre-Center-Stickers-Vehicle/dp/B07KP8M28Z/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3RI3OCO63KF62&keywords=car+wheel+hub+stickers&qid=1579810735&sprefix=wheel+hub+sti%2Caps%2C146&sr=8-5"]SkinoTM 3D Gel Car Wheel Centre Universal Rims Hub Center Stickers Decals For Caps Vehicle Auto Tuning Emblem No Fear Eyes 4 x 60mm A 4060: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike@@AMEPARAM@@https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51JPjT8Ay7L.@@AMEPARAM@@51JPjT8Ay7L[/ame]

Just a few quick questions about the fiat badges on the car - is the rear Fiat badge glued on to the boot? Any tips on removing it? I know the front one is screwed to the grille but what about the one on the steering wheel. Is it also just glued on? Have any of you removed it/replaced it? And has someone even updated it to the newer red badges on their Stilo?

Also need advice on where to find 55mm wheel caps with the blue fiat logo that DON'T look sh**. I have been desperately looking all over the internet for a set of OEM looking 55mm wheel caps (I know Fiat only made 50mm wheel caps in blue for some of the earlier Puntos before switching to the red logos later) but have only come across extremely bad plastic knock offs that look horrendous.

55mm wheel caps with the red logo are quite common and cheap so I've been thinking about re-badging the whole car to the newer red badges (hence the question).

Thanks all,
Adam

Hi Adam,

For the removal of the rear side badge on the boot, I suggest you use fishing wire (If you haven't removed it already). Just saw it off! And use some WD40 for some lubrication. Works like a charm! As for the remaining residue, I used sticker remover.

Cheers

Last edited:
For my Wheels I've fitted these which I think look far better than the worn out originals, and were a fairly cheap easy fix :D

P1020539.JPG

IMG_1305.JPG

OK an update. I fitted the badges shown in the second link (see post #2 ). So far so good I think. The new badges are slightly 'domed', whereas the original centres are flat, so not sure how long they'll stay attached. We'll see...

P1060519.JPG

P1060520.JPG

P1060521.JPG

Last edited:
Back